ID Please

1 view

Subrata Mahapatra

Sep 17, 2011, 2:37:27 AM9/17/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The tree is in bloom with clusters of yellow flowers, height 10 to 15 ft.Indian name desirable.
Regards
Photo0029.jpg

anupam sarmah

Sep 17, 2011, 2:49:15 AM9/17/11
to Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am also interested to know. Is it by any chance a Begnoniaceae member?

anupam

--
Anupam Sarmah Ph.D. I Head, Assam Landscapes I WWF India I Tezpur, Assam
+91 3712 260132 (O) I+91 94354 85789 (M) I Skype: anupamsarmah

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 17, 2011, 2:53:28 AM9/17/11
to anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com

Tecoma stans of Bignoniaceae family.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

anupam sarmah

Sep 17, 2011, 3:00:26 AM9/17/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

anupam

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 17, 2011, 3:01:31 AM9/17/11
to Giby Kuriakose, anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com

Yes Tecoma stans

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

ajinkya gadave

Sep 17, 2011, 9:01:00 AM9/17/11
to Prabhu kumar KM, Giby Kuriakose, anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com

Tecoma  gouri-chudi

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 18, 2011, 2:20:15 AM9/18/11
to ajinkya gadave, Prabhu kumar KM, anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Ajinkya Ji,

This is a new species of Tecoma to me. Would you please tell us how to distinguish this species from T. stans.
I am unable to access literature ore references related to this species.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Giby

Dinesh Valke

Sep 18, 2011, 4:03:12 AM9/18/11
to Giby Kuriakose, ajinkya gadave, Prabhu kumar KM, anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
Giby ji ... from The Plants List ... Tecoma gaudichaudii DC. is a synonym of Tecoma castanifolia (D.Don) Melch.
Am sure Ajinkya had spelled the name inadvertently.

Cannot make out from Subrata ji's photo whether the plant has simple OR compound leaves ... he may let us know.
If simple, it could be T. castanifolia (syn. T. gaudichaudii) ... native of equatorial South America ... commonly known as chestnutleaf trumpetbush ... at Flowers of India.

Regards.
Dinesh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 18, 2011, 5:19:18 AM9/18/11
to Dinesh Valke, ajinkya gadave, Prabhu kumar KM, anupam sarmah, Subrata Mahapatra, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dinesh Ji for the clarification.
Now, I request Subrata Ji to kindly provide needed information (whether the leaves are simple or compound) to confirm the species.

Thanks and Regards
Giby