Flower identification

Suresh Brar

Jul 4, 2011, 2:26:34 AM7/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
Flower identification, taken at Himachal Pardesh may 2010.
In morning time. Please kindly Id this flower.

Regards
Suresh

Universal Care
identification.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Jul 4, 2011, 3:05:37 AM7/4/11
to Suresh Brar, indian...@googlegroups.com
i think this is Echeveria

Not sure

Plant Diversity

Jul 4, 2011, 4:39:42 AM7/4/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Suresh,

I'm pretty sure that this is Aeonium arboreum 'Atropurpureum', a
popular container plant derived from a Canary Island species.

Kind regards,

Alastair

Dr Alastair Culham
Centre for Plant Diversity and Systematics
Harborne Building, School of Biological Sciences
University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AS
U.K.
http://www.reading.ac.uk/biologicalsciences/pg-taught/biosci-pgtmscplantdiversity.aspx
>  identification.jpg
> 102KViewDownload

Madhuri Pejaver

Jul 4, 2011, 4:51:49 AM7/4/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Suresh Brar
these are not flowers. are the leaves in rossett arrangement.
Madhuri

Na Bha

Jul 4, 2011, 8:21:25 AM7/4/11
to Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
yes, it does look like Aeonium, and the foto is not of flowers but of leaves.
my friend has this plant, will findout, if he knows the name. In fact he purchases plants, because they look beautiful he is not interested in knowing names. Still shall try.
Nalini

Balkar Arya

Jul 4, 2011, 9:28:47 AM7/4/11
to Na Bha, Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Agree with Dr Alastair Culham  this is indeed A. arboreum var Atropurpureum
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

tanay bose

Jul 4, 2011, 12:35:11 PM7/4/11
to Balkar Arya, Na Bha, Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
 Aeonium arboreum 'Atropurpureum' indeed
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Suresh Brar

Jul 5, 2011, 12:28:10 AM7/5/11
to tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Na Bha, Plant Diversity, efloraofindia
Thank you to all for nice information.

Suresh

Ushadi micromini

Jul 5, 2011, 6:24:43 AM7/5/11
to efloraofindia
Aeonium, ..... a very popular low maintaince planting for souther
california...
Usha di
=====