Three-Nerved Leaves

Pudji Widodo

Sep 14, 2011, 4:11:33 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

A climber, 1-2 m long. Leaves 3-nerved like Dioscorea, Cinnamomum, Crawfordia etc.  Flowers not seen.  West slope of Mt Slamet, ca 2200 m alt. ID is requested.  Thank You.

Regards,
Pudji Widodo
Faculty of Biology Jenderal Soedirman University
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA
Dioscorea (3).JPG
Dioscorea (5).JPG

anupam sarmah

Sep 14, 2011, 4:16:44 AM9/14/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Smilax (Smilacaceae)?

anupam
--
Anupam Sarmah Ph.D. I Head, Assam Landscapes I WWF India I Tezpur, Assam
+91 3712 260132 (O) I+91 94354 85789 (M) I Skype: anupamsarmah

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 14, 2011, 4:41:16 AM9/14/11
to anupam sarmah, Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Yes Smilax, the stipular tendrils are clearly visible.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ritesh Choudhary

Sep 14, 2011, 4:42:05 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Yes, I can see spines in the second photograph. Must be a Smilax.

Difficult to confirm the species without Flowers/Fruits!

Regards,
Ritesh.

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 14, 2011, 4:59:14 AM9/14/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia, anupam sarmah
I too think that this could be Smilax sp. of Smilacaceae family.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Pudji Widodo

Sep 14, 2011, 8:40:08 PM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Anupam Ji, Dr Gurcharan Ji, Ritesh Ji, Giby Ji,

Thank you very much.

Best Wishes,

hari lal

Sep 15, 2011, 2:45:53 AM9/15/11