UNID Madhya Pradesh Climber

Hemant Tripathi

Apr 27, 2011, 1:06:09 AM4/27/11
to efloraofindia, aparna...@gmail.com, Manoj Lekhak

This picture is of a fruit of a climber seen in Madhya Pradesh in Sidhi District near Rewa. I observed during the first week of April.

Though, it looks familiar I am not able to remember the name of this plant.

Would be glad if anyone can help me ID this one.

Most of the part of the climber was leafless…the fruits where basket shaped, the seeds were papery brown in Colour.

Warm regards,

Hemanth

At the end of the day remember...we all should join our hands, use our skills together and strive hard to bring lights in the minds of people and darkness in our Forests.

IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3753.JPG
IMG_3806.JPG
IMG_3807.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG
IMG_3810.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 27, 2011, 1:38:08 AM4/27/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Hemant,
This is Aristolochia fruit for sure... may be elegans found in MP
area.
Pankaj

On Apr 27, 10:06 am, "Hemant Tripathi" <hemanthtripa...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> This picture is of a fruit of a climber seen in Madhya Pradesh in Sidhi
> District near Rewa. I observed during the first week of April.
>
> Though, it looks familiar I am not able to remember the name of this plant.
>
> Would be glad if anyone can help me ID this one.
>
> Most of the part of the climber was leafless.the fruits where basket shaped,
> the seeds were papery brown in Colour.
>
> Warm regards,
>
> Hemanth
>
> At the end of the day remember...we all should join our hands, use our
> skills together and strive hard to bring lights in the minds of people and
> darkness in our Forests.
>
>  IMG_3751.JPG
> 192KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3753.JPG
> 211KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3806.JPG
> 186KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3807.JPG
> 320KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3809.JPG
> 198KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_3810.JPG
> 238KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Apr 27, 2011, 1:46:55 AM4/27/11
to Hemant Tripathi, efloraofindia, aparna...@gmail.com, Manoj Lekhak
Dear all,
This twiner is Aristolochia indica L. of Aristolochiaceae. Am I right?

Tamil Names: Aadagam, Eshwara mooli, Garudakkodi
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

Hemant Tripathi

Apr 27, 2011, 1:55:43 AM4/27/11
to Pravin Kawale, efloraofindia, aparna...@gmail.com, Manoj Lekhak

Thanks Pravin ji, Karthik Ji and my Dear Pankaj Bhaiya…

Was feeling that I know this…but Aristolochia didn’t strike…

Thanks a lot…

Hemanth

Apr 27, 2011, 1:47:19 AM4/27/11
to Hemant Tripathi, efloraofindia, aparna...@gmail.com, Manoj Lekhak
Hi,
It is fruiting of
Aristolochia indica
Regards
On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Hemant Tripathi <hemanth...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Pravin

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 27, 2011, 2:32:16 AM4/27/11
to efloraofindia, Aparna Watve
Is A. indica found in MP? or Is it a new record?
Ask Dr. Aparna Watve.
Pankaj

On Apr 27, 10:47 am, Pravin Kawale <kawale.pra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> It is fruiting of
> Aristolochia indica
> Regards
> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Hemant Tripathi <hemanthtripa...@gmail.com
>

> > wrote:
> > This picture is of a fruit of a climber seen in Madhya Pradesh in Sidhi
> > District near Rewa. I observed during the first week of April.
>
> > Though, it looks familiar I am not able to remember the name of this plant.
>
> > Would be glad if anyone can help me ID this one.
>
> > Most of the part of the climber was leafless…the fruits where basket
> > shaped, the seeds were papery brown in Colour.
>
> > Warm regards,
>
> > Hemanth
>
> > *At the end of the day remember...we all should join our hands, use our
> > skills together and strive hard to bring lights in the minds of people and
> > darkness in our Forests.*
>
> --
> *Pravin*

formp...@yahoo.com

Apr 27, 2011, 6:32:45 AM4/27/11
to Hemant Tripathi, Efloraindia, aparna...@gmail.com, Manoj Lekhak
Aristolocia sp
Badakvel in Marathi.

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: "Hemant Tripathi" <hemanth...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 10:36:09 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>

Aparna Watve

Apr 27, 2011, 9:31:39 PM4/27/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Hemant Tripathi, Efloraindia, Pankaj Kumar
Dear Hemanth, Pankaj,
Aristolochia indica (in the photo) is found in Madhya Pradesh - in mixed forest as per the flora.
And Hemanth, next time you plan MP trip, if it includes areas Seoni/Chinndwada/Balaghat do let me know and you are most welcome to our Seoni home which is near one of the best forests of Central India- Kanha-Pench.
--
Dr. Aparna Watve
At present : 34/6, Gulawani Maharaj Rd. Pune 411004