efloraindia: 140911 BRS19

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 14, 2011, 1:45:42 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Request for identification of photos attached herewith.

Location: Coimbatore, Codisia Road (Near Air Port)
Date: March, 2011
Habitat- Urban
Habit- Climber

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

mglory1.jpg
ipomia2.jpg

H S

Sep 14, 2011, 2:31:31 AM9/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
i request to post these two photo separately..

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 2:47:30 AM9/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Ipomoea sp

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy <brsp...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 2:49:23 AM9/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia
Ipomoea indica or I nilo
Second looks different from first

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 14, 2011, 2:50:47 AM9/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
I think these two pictures belongs to 2 different species. It would be better it you can post them separately.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 14, 2011, 2:58:14 AM9/14/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya
The plant in the first picture may be Ipomoea indica.

Would you please send a picture of side view of the flower in which the sepals are clearly seen?

Regards
Giby

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 14, 2011, 3:08:33 AM9/14/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Thanks for the id. confirmation.
I have attached a photos of the (Ipomoea indica). Tomorrow I will try to get picture diff. view of the flowers and plant. Its very near to my house.

Thanks
--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

stock vector : tree

morning glory.jpg

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 15, 2011, 12:20:22 AM9/15/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached file photos of I indica for id. confirmation.

Thanks
i indica flower.jpg
ipomeia bud1.jpg

Prabhu kumar KM

Sep 15, 2011, 12:22:54 AM9/15/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia

The second picture looks like Ipomoea staphylina. If possible upload one more habit photo.

--
Prabhu Kumar K M
Scientist

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 15, 2011, 5:20:34 AM9/15/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, Balkar Arya, H S
Are you sure that these pictures are of the same plant that was attached as the first picture of your previous mail?
Here the leaves are 5-7 lobed whereas, in the previous one the leaves are 3-lobed.
In the first picture of previous mail, I assumed that there are more than 2-3 flowers per inflorescence with longer sepals here in this picture it seems that there are 2 flowers per inflorescence with shorter sepals.
Kindly clarify.

Thanks and Regards,
Giby

Mahadeswara

Sep 16, 2011, 12:54:43 AM9/16/11
to efloraofindia
It is confusing though you have posted two species separately now.
Please start fresh threads for the two different species all again
for clarity.

On Sep 14, 10:45 am, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
> <http://mail.google.com/subscribe.mhtml>
>
>  mglory1.jpg
> 410KViewDownload
>
>  ipomia2.jpg
> 113KViewDownload

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 16, 2011, 1:31:33 AM9/16/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara
It is confusing now I feel there are 3 species in this thread.
What I feel is that Rathinasabapathy Ji has posted picture of side view of flower of another plant which seemed to be another species to me.

Please make sure that the side view of the flower belong to the same plant that you had posted as the first picture in the first mail.
If it is from a different plant it could be a different species.

Regards,
Giby