ID Help (Cyanotis spp.?)

Jayesh Patil

Aug 16, 2010, 4:58:36 AM8/16/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This Commelinaceae member was seen growing along the trail to Panaroma Point, Matheran (Maharashtra).
Possibly a Cyanotis spp.?

- Jayesh
Cyanotis.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

Aug 17, 2010, 1:55:34 AM8/17/10
to Jayesh Patil, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
This one is might be Cyanotis cristata. Please check it at once.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

tanay bose

Aug 17, 2010, 5:05:36 PM8/17/10
to Jayesh Patil, indian...@googlegroups.com
I think Mayur Ji is correct
Tanay

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 2:28 PM, Jayesh Patil <jaye...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 16, 2010, 11:32:53 AM9/16/10
to efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, mayur nandikar
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Mayur ji........................................This one is might be Cyanotis cristata. Please check it at once.

To me it does not look like C. cristata

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Yazdy Palia

Sep 16, 2010, 12:45:51 PM9/16/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, jaye...@gmail.com, mayur nandikar
I do not think so, please check the link for Cyanotis cristata.
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=Cyanotis+cristata&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___IN364
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 18, 2010, 11:29:25 AM9/18/10
to mayur nandikar, efloraofindia
I hope the C. cristata inflorescence forms a crown like this one

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:44 PM, mayur nandikar <mnan...@gmail.com> wrote:
The above image is may be Cyanotis cristata becoz sessile inflorescence.

Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University, Kolhapur (MS)
India- 416 004

@@@Please consider the environment before printing this email @@@@@

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2010, 1:19:03 AM10/17/10
to efloraofindia, Jayesh Patil, Gurcharan Singh, Mayur Nandikar, tanay bose, Neil Soares

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“This one is might be Cyanotis cristata. Please check it at once.” from Mayur ji.

I think Mayur Ji is correct
Tanay”

“I do not think so, please check the link for Cyanotis cristata.
http://www.google.co.in/search?q=Cyanotis+cristata&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_en___IN364
Regards
Yazdy Palia.”

"I hope the C. cristata inflorescence forms a crown like this one
--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"

Oct 17, 2010, 2:01:16 AM10/17/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Jayesh Patil, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Neil Soares
Hello
the link given by Yazdy ji is definitely of Cyanotis cristata only but some people unknowingly put the different name this might be reason to get confuse. C. cristata produces axillary as well as terminal Inflorescence. Sometimes peduncle is very short so any one can easily confused while many times flowers raised on long peduncles ( 0.7- 8.5 cm ) and foliaceous bract. Above image is example of short peduncle. Number of flower are are also varied you may get 1 to 10 flowered cincinni (one sided cyme) within the species. So above image is with one flower.

Link given by Singh ji is might be something different than Cyanotis cristata  because the shape of bracteoles is not falcate or not lanceolate is somewhat orbicular, and bracts and bracteole are ciliate but puburlous also. So this may be different frm D. Don's Cyanotis cristata.

Thank you

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 1, 2010, 9:32:36 PM11/1/10
to efloraofindia, Mayur Nandikar, TANAY BOSE, Neil Soares, Yazdy Palia
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Mayur ji........................................This one is might be Cyanotis cristata. Please check it at once.

Ravi ji.............................................may b Commelina forskaolii