Rosaceae Week_ ID Request- Srinagar-041011PKA!

Prashant awale

Oct 4, 2011, 1:49:01 PM10/4/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Requesting you all to kindly help me with the ID..

Date/Time: 24-09-2011 / 08:30AM
Location: Srinagar, near Dal Lake.
Habitat: Planted (Seen on the compound wall of a hotel).

Regards
Prashant
IMG_2820.jpg
IMG_2818.jpg
IMG_2817.jpg
IMG_2815.jpg
IMG_2814.jpg

Tabish

Oct 4, 2011, 3:54:33 PM10/4/11
to efloraofindia
Prunus species
- Tabish
>  IMG_2820.jpg
> 176KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2818.jpg
> 203KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2817.jpg
> 176KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2815.jpg
> 165KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_2814.jpg
> 188KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 4, 2011, 11:14:08 PM10/4/11
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Rubus ulmifolius plase

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

Oct 5, 2011, 12:59:14 AM10/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks Tabish ji, Gurcharan Singh ji for the response.
I have some doubt about the leaves. The of my plant were sort of Trifoliate where as Leaves for Rubus ulmifolius as mentioned in FOI site are compound with 5 leaflets.

Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2011, 1:08:03 AM10/5/11
to Prashant awale, Tabish, efloraofindia
No Prashant ji
Most leaves are trifoliate. Only a few basal ones may be 5-foliate. This plant I had compared with R. discolor (name given in FBI) and discussed in my thesis. No doubts please!!!

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Prashant awale

Oct 5, 2011, 1:11:34 AM10/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, efloraofindia
Thanks Gurcharan Singh ji for clarifying my doubts. I had also seen one similar plant at Dachigam Forest. I will share the same in separate post.
Thanks again
Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 5, 2011, 1:12:18 AM10/5/11
to Prashant awale, Tabish, efloraofindia
But then those leaves shown in FOI in second and third photograph actually don't belong to this species. There is some mix up.
They are two species. I will upload soon in this week.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Nov 5, 2023, 11:27:33 AM11/5/23
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Tabish, GurcharanSingh
It should be Rubus creticus as per discussions at Rosaceae Fortnight: Rubus ulmifolius from Kashmir-GSSEP101/101
Thanks, Tabish ji, for pointing it out and Singh ji for confirmation.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Prashant Awale

Nov 6, 2023, 1:34:44 AM11/6/23
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, GurcharanSingh
Thanks a lot.
warm regards
Prashant