Garden Flower for ID_02012011_DS_SN4

Dalia Set

Jan 2, 2011, 12:43:39 PM1/2/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
This one from a garden, small bush like plant.

Please help with ID.

Dalia
ForID_09.jpg

Pudji Widodo

Jan 12, 2011, 7:59:53 AM1/12/11
to efloraofindia
Maybe Allamanda neriifolia Hook.

Pudji Widodo
Fabio Unsoed PURWOKERTO INDONESIA

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 12, 2011, 11:30:24 AM1/12/11
to efloraofindia
This is Brunfelsia americana....commonly known as Lady of the Night.
Aarti
>  ForID_09.jpg
> 82KViewDownload

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 12, 2011, 11:26:36 AM1/12/11
to efloraofindia
This seems to be Brunfelsia americana.

On Jan 2, 9:43 pm, Dalia Set <setda...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  ForID_09.jpg
> 82KViewDownload

dalia

Jan 13, 2011, 5:08:44 AM1/13/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks for the ID.
I was wondering why it is called Lady of the night and searching the
internet, I got this interesting feature:

The amazing feature, and the reason for its name, is that after
sundown Lady of the Night flowers become wildly fragrant. Within
seconds after sundown, the aroma bursts forth from zero to full power.
There is absolutely no smell nor hint of aroma in daylight hours. The
intoxicating scent goes all night long then stops exactly at sunrise

Dalia