051110PR-1 Bangalore For ID

Padmini Raghavan

Nov 5, 2010, 2:32:27 PM11/5/10
to indiantreepix
This small flower, 2 cms across, was on a small tree/ large shrub, leaning over the wall of a nursery at Bangalore.
Please help me id it.
Thanks,
Padmini Raghavan.
Is this Hibiscus Tileaceus. 003.jpg
Is this Hibiscus Tileaceus. 002.jpg
Is this Hibiscus Tileaceus. 005.jpg

tanay bose

Nov 5, 2010, 3:28:15 PM11/5/10
to Padmini Raghavan, indiantreepix
I don't think this is Hibiscus tiliaceus.........
I think the flower though imitates to have a monadelphous stamens
but I think actually it doesn't have one !! I am not very sure

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 12, 2010, 6:35:36 AM11/12/10
to efloraofindia
This would be Dombeya burgessiae of Sterculiaceae. Regards, Shrikant

On Nov 6, 12:28 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't think this is Hibiscus tiliaceus.........
> I think the flower though imitates to have a monadelphous stamens
> but I think actually it doesn't have one !! I am not very sure
>
> Tanay
>
> On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 12:02 AM, Padmini Raghavan <padi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This small flower, 2 cms across, was on a small tree/ large shrub, leaning
> > over the wall of a nursery at Bangalore.
> > Please help me id it.
> > Thanks,
> > Padmini Raghavan.
>
> --