Geum urbanum from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 5, 2010, 10:12:53 PM8/5/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Geum urbanum L. from Kashmir, growing in open forest slopes at lower altitudes. Photographed from Shankeracharya hill on June 23, 2010.

Common name: Avens, Herb Bennet, Bebbet's-root, Clover-root, Wood avens

Leaves and rootstocks considered astringent and antiseptic, used in diarrhoea and dysentery.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Geum-urbanum-Kashmir-a.jpg
Geum-urbanum-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Aug 6, 2010, 3:00:37 AM8/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
A new plant for me, thanks for posting sir ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Swagat

Aug 6, 2010, 3:31:21 AM8/6/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Gurcharan ji,

Great collection from Kashmir... my favourite..
Actually I have planned my trip to Kashmir from 02nd August to 13th August.
But unfortunately has been cancelled...
Waiting for favourable conditions..
Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979

mani nair

Aug 6, 2010, 3:34:19 AM8/6/10
to Swagat, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Yes Singh ji, now it is very disturbed.  Hope the normalcy will soon return to Kashmir.

Regards,

Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 6, 2010, 5:57:26 AM8/6/10
to mani nair, Swagat, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Yes Swagat ji
Wait for the conditions to get normal. I was lucky to find some favourable days. June is not very good season (although I managed some common plants) as compared to August which is best especially for higher altitudes. I totally missed Primula, Gentiana, Pedicularis  and other beautiful alpine plants in June.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

Jul 28, 2014, 10:38:42 AM7/28/14
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks, Singh ji,
Is this also Geum roylei Bolle (syn: G. urbanum Auct. (non L.) as per another thread.
Geum-urbanum-Kashmir-a.jpg
Geum-urbanum-Kashmir-b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 28, 2014, 6:49:47 PM7/28/14