[efloraofindia:33845] Commelina Sp??-030510-PKA1

Prashant awale

May 3, 2010, 9:21:11 AM5/3/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this herb in Mizoram. The leaves were looking somewhat similar to those of Commelina sp. I could not get any flower pics.

Date/Time: 11-11-2008 / 10:15AM
Location: Mizoram
Habitat: Wild
Plant Habit: Herb
Leaves: Alternate, Sessile, lanceshaped, 2 to 10cm
Flowers: Not seen

regards
Prashant

Commelina-4.JPG
Commelina-3.JPG
commelina-2.JPG
commelina-1.JPG

Ritesh Choudhary

May 3, 2010, 7:28:50 PM5/3/10
to efloraofindia
looks like Aneilema sps.

Ritesh.
>  Commelina-4.JPG
> 188KViewDownload
>
>  Commelina-3.JPG
> 90KViewDownload
>
>  commelina-2.JPG
> 187KViewDownload
>
>  commelina-1.JPG
> 93KViewDownload

Pardeshi S.

May 4, 2010, 12:51:30 AM5/4/10
to efloraofindia
Hell aoo
it is some Murdannia species. the fruit and the apex typically of
Murdannia.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi

Gurcharan Singh

May 21, 2010, 6:11:22 AM5/21/10
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Ritesh Choudhary, satish pardeshi
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

Ritesh ji.......................looks like Aneilema
Pardeshi.....................it is some Murdannia species. the fruit  and the apex typically of
Murdannia.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mayur Nandikar

May 21, 2010, 8:42:26 AM5/21/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Ritesh Choudhary, satish pardeshi
Hello,
This may be Pollia sp.
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 21, 2010, 11:35:02 AM5/21/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, satish pardeshi
Hello Mayurji,

This is surely not Pollia sp.

In my view, this cud be Rhopalephora scaberrima (Blume) Faden, Phytologia. 37: 480. 1977.
=Aneilema scaberrima Blume

Regards,
Ritesh.

"It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure." -- Albert Einstein

Mayur Nandikar

May 24, 2010, 9:25:13 AM5/24/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Prashant awale, satish pardeshi
Hello to all,

Here some Images of Rhopalephora scaberrima.
Thnx
P1208892.jpg
rhopalephora.jpg

Prashant awale

May 24, 2010, 2:31:18 PM5/24/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi
Dear Mayur ji, Ritesh ji,
I have few photos from Mizoram of similar flowers. Requesting you to have a look.
regards
Prashant
DSC00218.JPG
DSC00217.JPG
DSC00216.JPG
DSC00216c2.JPG

Mayur Nandikar

May 25, 2010, 1:56:20 AM5/25/10
to Prashant awale, Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi
Hello,

         The above images are nothing but some Rhopalephora but its difficult to determine the species. But your earlier images are much closer to Pollia sps.
         In southern India we have only single species of Rhopalephora i.e R. scaberrima.(earlier posted by me).
         According to Dr. Faden in his article the Genus Rhopalephora he said "Rhopalephora consist of abt four ill defined species separated from one another largely on characters of the mature capsules. and final taxonomic treatment of the species must await further studies, particularly with living material.
        above given pictures is definitely different than R. scaberrima (on the basis of capsule and
inflorescence ) it might be R. vitiensis or R.micrantha.

Thanx

Ritesh Kumar Choudhary

May 25, 2010, 2:20:40 AM5/25/10
to Mayur Nandikar, Prashant awale, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi
Thanx for the information Mayurji,

I've come across only one species of Rhopalephora i.e. R. scaberrima in NE India. May be this cud be something different. Hoping you to put more effort in resolving the identity as you are working on the same family in detail.
All the best.

Regards,
Ritesh.

Prashant awale

May 25, 2010, 12:34:18 PM5/25/10
to Ritesh Kumar Choudhary, Mayur Nandikar, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, satish pardeshi
Thanks Mayur ji, Ritesh ji for all your efforts. Nice to see that we are coming closer to ID..
regards
Prashant

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2010, 9:30:30 AM6/5/10
to efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, satish pardeshi, Prashant awale, Tabish, navendu page

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

looks like Aneilema sps.

Ritesh.”

“it is some Murdannia species. the fruit  and the apex typically of
Murdannia.

Regards
Satish Pardeshi”

“This may be Pollia sp.” from Mayur ji.

Jun 5, 2010, 9:48:16 AM6/5/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, rites...@gmail.com, satish pardeshi, Prashant awale, Tabish, navendu page
Hello,

As I said earlier this may be

Pollia subumbellata C.B.Clarke or  Pollia hasskarlii  R. S. Rao

Thanx

Research Student,
Department of Botany,
Shivaji University, Kolhapur (MS)