Malvaceae week :: Hibiscus hispidissimus

Dinesh Valke

Sep 5, 2011, 2:16:22 PM9/5/11
to efloraofindia
Hibiscus hispidissimus Griff.
  • Hye-bisk-us -- rose-mallow
  • hiss-pid-ISS-ih-mus -- most bristly

Hibiscus hispidissimus
Oct 31, 2010 at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)

commonly known as: hill hemp bendy, wild hibiscus • Gujarati: મજનૂ ફલ majnu-phal • Hindi: वन गुढ़ल van gurhal • Kannada: ಬೆಟ್ಟ ಬಂಡೆ betta bende • Konkani: व्हडलो रानभेंडो vhadlo ranbhendo • Malayalam: ഞാറന്‍പുളി njaaranpuli • Marathi: काटेरी भेंडी kateri bhendi • Sanskrit: शठम्बष्ठी sathambasthi • Tamil: மலைப்புளிச்சை malai-p-puliccai • Telugu: అడవిగోగు adavigogu, కొండగోగు kondagogu

  • Hibiscus hirtus ... Oct 31, 2010 at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
  • Sathambasthi (Sanskrit: शठम्बष्ठी) ... Nov 1, 2009 at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
  • Adavigogu (Telugu: అడవిగోగు) ... Dec 26, 2010 at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
  • Malai-p-puliccai (Tamil: மலைப்புளிச்சை) ... Dec 29, 2009 at Karnala Bird Sanctuary
  • Njaaranpuli (Malayalam: ഞാറന്‍പുളി) ... Nov 1, 2009 at Yeoor Hills (part of Sanjay Gandhi National Park)
  • ... for more views: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Hibiscushispidissimus&w=91314344%40N00&m=tags

Regards.
Dinesh

Balkar Arya

Sep 5, 2011, 8:55:56 PM9/5/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
New plant for me Dinesh Ji you are making Malvaceae Week a great Success. Thanks
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2011, 9:25:24 PM9/5/11
to Balkar Arya, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh ji for showing this one

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dinesh Valke

Sep 5, 2011, 11:36:56 PM9/5/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Many thanks Balkar ji and Gurcharan ji for the appreciation.
Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi micromini

Sep 6, 2011, 2:20:24 AM9/6/11
to efloraofindia
such interesting names!! majanu phal...
Usha di

====

On Sep 6, 8:36 am, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks Balkar ji and Gurcharan ji for the appreciation.
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:55 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Dinesh ji for showing this one
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> > On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:25 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> New plant for me Dinesh Ji you are making Malvaceae Week a great Success.
> >> Thanks

J.M. Garg

Feb 15, 2018, 5:51:28 AM2/15/18
to efloraofindia, DineshValke
2nd & 4th images are different from images at Hibiscus hispidissimus
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dinesh Valke

Feb 15, 2018, 6:19:13 AM2/15/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
You have rightly pointed to the errors, Garg ji.
2nd picture was wrongly posted here despite having correctly labelled in flickr.
4th picture is wrongly labelled in flickr; will correct it soon.
Both belong to Hibiscus hirtus.
Thank you very very much Garg ji, for the correction.
Regards.
Dinesh