Malvaceae week : Theobroma cacao (Coco plant)

Satish Phadke

Sep 8, 2011, 11:04:08 AM9/8/11
to indiantreepix
Malvaceae week : Theobroma cacao (Coco plant)
Observed in Kochi.Kerala in large numbers.
Regards
Dr Phadke
Theobroma cacaoDSCN4254s.jpg
Theobroma cacaoDSCN4227s.jpg
Theobroma cacaoDSCN4228s.jpg

Ushadi micromini

Sep 8, 2011, 11:53:52 AM9/8/11
to efloraofindia
Nice ... did you get fruits?

I am uploading mine in a few minutes, only flowers... fruits are in
print and cant find them out of 10,000 or more of them!!!
digital is easy to categorize and file... .

Usha di
=

On Sep 8, 8:04 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Malvaceae week : *Theobroma cacao* (Coco plant)
> Observed in Kochi.Kerala in large numbers.
> Regards
> Dr Phadke
>
>  Theobroma cacaoDSCN4254s.jpg
> 166KViewDownload
>
>  Theobroma cacaoDSCN4227s.jpg
> 104KViewDownload
>
>  Theobroma cacaoDSCN4228s.jpg
> 130KViewDownload

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 8, 2011, 3:39:20 PM9/8/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
What a beauty Satishji!  I think one coco plant is in Jijamata. My friend tried to show me the flowers. But i could not understand this beauty then.
To be very frank like a lady instict i feel that the design should be given to the goldsmith to have beautiful earrings.
Thanks for showing the close up. And again a surprise to have coco plant in Malvaceae
Madhuri

Balkar Arya

Sep 8, 2011, 8:37:28 PM9/8/11
to Madhuri Pejaver, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Yes Madhuri Ji
Again same answer pls see the link
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Mohan V. Chunkath

Sep 9, 2011, 9:43:05 AM9/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Satish ji,
Small correction to the common name. I think it should be cocoa plant. Lovely photographs of the flowers. The plant exhibits cauliflory.
Regards,
Mohan

Satish Phadke

Sep 9, 2011, 11:19:05 AM9/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mohan ji for the correction as well as further info. in continuation with the thread.
Yes "Cauliflory" An important character here.For those who don't know...
Flowers arising directly from the stem.