ID request 041110PC1

chitralekha P

Nov 4, 2010, 11:29:57 AM11/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello.
A very happy and prosperous Deepavali to you all.

Please identify.
Is it a species of Pergularia?
Wild climber growing in JNU campus, Delhi, flowers in October.
Flowers small (~1.5 cm) in umbellate cymes, fruits ~4-6cm, divaricate, spiny.
Regards,
P.Chitraleha

DSC02021.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 4, 2010, 11:36:03 AM11/4/10
to chitralekha P, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pergularia daemia, Chitra ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Nov 4, 2010, 1:30:15 PM11/4/10
to chitralekha P, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes Pergularia daemia indeed.
Family: Apocynaceae Subfamily: Asclepiadoideae
Dr Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Nov 4, 2010, 1:41:00 PM11/4/10
to Satish Phadke, chitralekha P, indian...@googlegroups.com
Pergularia daemia (Forssk.) Chiov. Res. Sci. Somalia Ital. 1: 115. 1916

Syn: Asclepias daemia Forssk. Fl. Aegypt.-Arab. 51. 1775.

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Chitralekha

Nov 4, 2010, 3:47:35 PM11/4/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Dr Gurcharan Singhji and Dr.Phadke but isn't the family
Asclepiadaceae?
P.Chitralekha

On Nov 4, 10:30 pm, Satish Phadke <drsmpha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes *Pergularia daemia* indeed.
> Family: *Apocynaceae *Subfamily: *Asclepiadoideae*
> Dr Phadke
>
> On 4 November 2010 20:59, chitralekha P <p_chitrale...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
>

> > Hello.
> > A very happy and prosperous Deepavali to you all.
>
> > Please identify.
> > Is it a species of Pergularia?
> > Wild climber growing in JNU campus, Delhi, flowers in October.
> > Flowers small (~1.5 cm) in umbellate cymes, fruits ~4-6cm, divaricate,
> > spiny.
> > Regards,
> > P.Chitraleha- Hide quoted text -

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 4, 2010, 4:51:16 PM11/4/10
to Chitralekha, efloraofindia
As Chtralekha ji, it is. It is, however, now mostly included under Apocynaceae, at the most as separate subfamily.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Nov 4, 2010, 4:57:47 PM11/4/10
to efloraofindia
As far as my knowledge here are the list of families which has been
included in APG III or before....

Vincaceae
Stapeliaceae
Plumeriaceae
Periplocaceae
Pacouriaceae
Ophioxylaceae
Cynanchaceae
Cerberaceae
Carissaceae
Asclepiadaceae
Willughbieaceae

Regards
Pankaj

On Nov 5, 1:51 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As Chtralekha ji, it is. It is, however, now mostly included under
> Apocynaceae, at the most as separate subfamily.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose