Succulent for ID : 080811 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 8, 2011, 3:47:21 AM8/8/11
to efloraofindia
Again taken at Pune, Maharashtra on 4/6/07.
A similar plant to the first one posted.
Small garden plant.
Aarti
DSCN4096.JPG

Mohan V. Chunkath

Aug 8, 2011, 5:50:15 AM8/8/11
to efloraofindia
Looks like some kind of Sedum.
Regards,
Mohan
>  DSCN4096.JPG
> 133KViewDownload

Tanay Bose

Aug 8, 2011, 9:20:40 AM8/8/11
to Mohan V. Chunkath, efloraofindia
Yes its Sedum again Aarti Ji
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 8, 2011, 12:27:32 PM8/8/11
to efloraofindia
This is actually not Sedum. I know the plant as I had it in my garden.
I thought I identified this as Crassula in the garden. Its there in
the TROPICA or EXOTICA if anyone has the access..
Pankaj

On Aug 8, 6:20 pm, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes its Sedum again Aarti Ji
> Tanay
>
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:50 AM, Mohan V. Chunkath
> <mohan.chunk...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Looks like some kind of Sedum.
> > Regards,
> > Mohan
>
> > On Aug 8, 12:47 pm, "Aarti S. Khale" <aarti.kh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Again taken at Pune, Maharashtra on 4/6/07.
> > > A similar plant to the first one posted.
> > > Small garden plant.
> > > Aarti
>
> > >  DSCN4096.JPG
> > > 133KViewDownload
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

Neil Soares

Aug 8, 2011, 1:05:23 PM8/8/11
to efloraofindia, Dr Pankaj Kumar
Hi,
 This is Anacampseros filamentosa. Grew up with these in the rock garden of my bungalow in Santa Cruz, Bombay, but now unfortunately have lost interest in ornamentals.
                              Regards,
                                Neil Soares.

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 8, 2011, 3:09:48 PM8/8/11
to efloraofindia
No sir, this is 100% Crassulaceae.
Pankaj

On Aug 8, 10:05 pm, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  This is Anacampseros filamentosa. Grew up with these in the rock garden of my bungalow in Santa Cruz, Bombay, but now unfortunately have lost interest in ornamentals.
>                               Regards,
>                                 Neil Soares.
>
> --- On Mon, 8/8/11, Dr Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/...

Balkar Arya

Aug 8, 2011, 9:03:26 PM8/8/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
May be Crassula atropurpurea
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Ushadi micromini

Aug 8, 2011, 10:07:43 PM8/8/11
to efloraofindia

Dear FOLKS, you are confusing me....

It's not saying much that its 100% Crassulaceae...
which is a large family of diverse succulents...

Sedum group belongs to family Crassulaceae...
so does a group called Crassula...

and structurally the Crassula and Sedum share sooooo
many features that a single photograph may not be enough for ID...
One needs (as I do as a NON-TAXONOMIST, NON- BOTANIST)
to observe the plant ... its growing habits, branching, leaf anatomy,
branch/stem anatomy and nodes....
flowers... size shape anatomy and seasons it flowers and how often....

Sedums generally are ground hugging, almost always no more
than 6 inches high, often trailing branches... often growing 10 to
12
inches or more long... I have grown some sedums where the trailing
branches grew 10 or 12 inches ..before flowering...

Crassulas (where Jade plants belong) can be supine on delicate stems
or
(mostly) erect on thickish stems...

SO AARTI JI: HAS TO WRITE UP THE HISTORY OF THIS PLANT...
ha ha ... or observe it for a while...and take pictures over time...

AND NEIl ji's Anacampseros filamentosa.belongs to Portulacaceae..
so it would be beneficial for Aartiji to see what kind of flower
develops...

UNTILL THEN... I WOULD WAIT FOR SOME ONE SPECIALIZING
IN THE TAXONOMY OF SUCCULENTS and CACTI....

Thanks
Usha di
=======

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 11, 2011, 2:16:50 AM8/11/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Pankaj Kumar, Neil Soares, tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
Dear all,
Thanks for all the information.

Usha di,
I wish I could take more pictures over a period of time.
The picture was taken very casually during a visit to Pune...at a
friend's home garden.
It may not always be possible to study such plants for a long period.
We can only study plants and trees from our own garden or a place
which we visit often.
Most of my pictures are taken casually or while travelling making it
impossible to study a particular plant in detail.
Since I will be away for a while, may not be possible to reply later.
Regards,
Aarti

ushadi Micromini

Aug 11, 2011, 6:05:28 AM8/11/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Dear Aarti: That's perfectly fine...
all hobby naturalists are not the same... some are compulsive and some are not..
but I have learnt that a little compulsiveness goes a long way .... in keeping me happy...
and like Joseph Campbell used to say about what he learnt from Hindu mythology and philosophy was that one must have fun (bliss is the word he used) doing whatever it was one was doing, otherwise life's meaning is lost... so I try try to keep myself happy by being compulsive about certain things...

so you must do what brings fun to you...

Be well ... wherever you are going this time, bring back lots more fun stuff for us to see...
Usha di
===

Pankaj Kumar

Aug 11, 2011, 10:39:26 AM8/11/11
to Aarti S. Khale, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia, Neil Soares, tanay bose, Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, J. M. Garg
Respected Mam
I wouldnt have used the word 100% Crassulaceae if I didnt have this
plant in my garden and if I hadnt seen it in flowers. But I never
meant to offend anyone. I am extremely sorry if I did.
Regards
Pankaj

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:46 AM, Aarti S. Khale <aarti...@gmail.com> wrote:

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

JM Garg

Dec 26, 2014, 11:22:58 PM12/26/14
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
Sedum nussbaumerianum as per another thread.
DSCN4096.JPG

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 26, 2014, 11:39:35 PM12/26/14
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
so ak 2 and ak12 are same submission?

usha di

Usha di
===========

J.M. Garg

Dec 26, 2014, 11:49:43 PM12/26/14
to Ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
This is an old thread posted on 8.8.11.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2400 members & 2,00,000 messages on 9.9.14) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 10,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia

Ushadi Micromini

Dec 26, 2014, 11:55:45 PM12/26/14
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale
i looked
same pic

aarti herself has ided it i think

usha di
--
Usha di

Aarti S. Khale

Dec 27, 2014, 11:50:32 PM12/27/14
to Ushadi Micromini, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Usha Di,
Yes, its the same picture.......reposted under 'Family Fortnight'
Regards,
Aarti