Two more pics of the leaves

YvonneHealing

Apr 13, 2011, 4:32:57 AM4/13/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Members and Rakesh

Here are two more pictures I have of the leaves.  I think you can see the leaves have
no pointy end like the Peepul trees.  I have also looked at pictures of rubber trees on the
internet, but they have much darker leaves and bigger longer flowers than these ones, and some round seeds that I have never seen on these trees.

Can some trees be cross-breeds?

Thank you so much!
Yvonne

Leaves more.JPG
Leaves.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Apr 13, 2011, 4:57:35 AM4/13/11
to YvonneHealing, indian...@googlegroups.com
... looks like Ficus benghalensis.
Regards.
Dinesh

Ila

Apr 13, 2011, 5:15:19 AM4/13/11
to efloraofindia
I think I will keep an eye on them and see if they make those small
red fig fruits -
that will confirm that indeed they are young Banyan trees. I am so
used to
seeing the very big old banyan trees with their numerous roots, it
never occurred to me these
might be young Banyan trees!

Thank you
Yvonne

On Apr 13, 1:57 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... looks like *Ficus benghalensis*.
> Regards.
> Dinesh

Neil Soares

Apr 13, 2011, 6:51:10 AM4/13/11
to YvonneHealing, Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Agree with Dinesh. It is a Banyan tree [Ficus benghalensis], though would have expected more adventitious roots.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

Ushadi micromini

Apr 14, 2011, 2:31:03 AM4/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Yvonne: oh... I just saw these two new pics... so may be its
not pakur... wait and see what the experts say... in the mena time can
you tell me where ia this tree of your?
thanks
Usha di
========