Re: ID confirmation MS270311 20-Commiphora caudata.

M Swamy

Mar 29, 2011, 10:39:21 AM3/29/11
to efloraofindia
I am sending the photographs of  Commiphora caudata of Burseraceae family for ID confirmation.   Place of photograph taken Kokkare Bellur, Mandya district , Karnataka.

IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3720.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Mar 29, 2011, 11:35:09 AM3/29/11
to M Swamy, efloraofindia
ti think this is
Commiphora stocksiana  गुग्गुळ

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 24, 2011, 1:55:47 AM4/24/11
to efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy, ajinkya gadave, Mahadeswara
Resurfacing again for ID

Earlier feedback

M Swamy ji..........................................Commiphora caudata of Burseraceae family for ID confirmation.

Ajinkya ji..........................................ti think this is
Commiphora stocksiana  गुग्गुळ

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Apr 24, 2011, 12:45:31 PM4/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Mahadeswara Swamy, ajinkya gadave, Mahadeswara
Ajinkya is right.
I had earlier posted this on the group and Shrikant ji had given the ID.
Satish

JM Garg

Apr 17, 2018, 4:52:35 AM4/17/18
to efloraofindia
IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3720.JPG

J.M. Garg

Apr 17, 2018, 4:57:10 AM4/17/18
to efloraofindia, M Swamy, Satish Phadke, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
I agree with Mahadeswara ji as per images and details at Commiphora caudata

Commiphora stocksiana (Engl.) Engl. is not reported from the area as per the following:
Catalogue of Life (syn. of Commiphora gileadensis (L.) C. Christ.)

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

IMG_3725.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3714.JPG
IMG_3715.JPG