Fwd: IMG00021-20101025-1744.jpg

Farida Abraham

Oct 25, 2010, 8:52:58 AM10/25/10
to indiantreepix
ID please of this plant growing in my garden It has thorny stems. FA

Oct 25, 2010, 10:55:54 AM10/25/10
to indiantreepix, Farida Abraham
This is Pereskia grandifolia.   The desert/ cactus rose.  This is a cultivated plant:  straggling, hardy shrub/ climber with spines.Most beautiful plant with many  varieties/ colours .

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 25, 2010, 11:19:53 AM10/25/10
to efloraofindia
Oh great. I remember when one of my student brought this plant during
my MSc. At that time I had no idea about this genus and when I
identified this as Cactaceae, I was like, how can this be a cactus!!!

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Pankaj

On Oct 25, 7:55 pm, Mahadeswara Swamy <swamy_c...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> This is Pereskia grandifolia.   The desert/ cactus rose.  This is a cultivated plant:  straggling, hardy shrub/ climber with spines.Most beautiful plant with many  varieties/ colours .

Farida Abraham

Oct 25, 2010, 11:22:30 AM10/25/10
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
thanks a lot. I have been wanting to know the name for long FA