request id - clicked at Kaas plateau last year

Alaka Yeravadekar

Jun 23, 2011, 12:10:05 PM6/23/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Clicked around August end at Kaas plateau last year.
Have not yet been able to find an id for this.
At first I thought it was Rhampicarpa, but the shape, texture of petals looks different.

Thank you.
Alaka

ka001.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

Jun 24, 2011, 12:09:23 AM6/24/11
to Alaka Yeravadekar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Confusing!!!
but it may be Rhampicarpa longiflora
--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,

H S

Jun 24, 2011, 1:57:34 AM6/24/11
to Mayur Nandikar, Alaka Yeravadekar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Please give photos from other angle too, and also of leaves.

regards,

--
- H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of
stone

Alaka Yeravadekar

Jun 24, 2011, 6:22:21 AM6/24/11
to H S, Mayur Nandikar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mayur, Hemsan. But I do not have any other photos. That is why it is difficult for me to id it too :)

Alaka
--
Alaka

You cannot plough a field by turning it over in your mind. ~Author Unknown

J.M. Garg

Sep 22, 2011, 1:30:55 AM9/22/11
to efloraofindia, pka...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, dinesh...@gmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, H S, ala...@gmail.com

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“Confusing!!!
but it may be Rhampicarpa longiflora --
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar”

“Please give photos from other angle too, and also of leaves.

regards,--
 - H.S."

“Thanks Mayur, Hemsan. But I do not have any other photos. That is why it is difficult for me to id it too :)

Alaka”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5500 species).

ka001.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Sep 22, 2011, 1:40:37 AM9/22/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, pka...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, H S, ala...@gmail.com
... with Mayur ji's thoughts ... Rhamphicarpa longiflora (now put as synonym of Rhamphicarpa fistulosa).

Regards.
Dinesh

mayur nandikar

Sep 22, 2011, 1:44:24 AM9/22/11
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, pka...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, H S, ala...@gmail.com
Yes you are right Dinesh ji this R. longiflora is synonymous under Rhamphicarpa fistulosa
--
Mayur Nandikar

Research Student,
Department of Botany,

vidyadhar ogale

Sep 28, 2011, 7:23:57 AM9/28/11
to Dinesh Valke, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, pka...@gmail.com, navend...@gmail.com, le...@rediffmail.com, Mayur Nandikar, H S, ala...@gmail.com
Unfortunately beautiful venation on the petals is not conspicuously visible in the picture.
Regards.
Dr.Ogale