Bupleurum longicaule var. ramosum from Apharwat, Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 1, 2011, 9:02:40 AM9/1/11
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish

Bupleurum longicaule var. ramosum Nasir in Univ. Calif. Pub. Bot. 27: 431. 1954.

This interesting plant from Apharwat mountain slopes is characterised by branched stems, linear to lanceolate leaves, 5-7 involucel bracts slightly connate at base and longer than flowers, flowers dark purple to almost black. Perennial, 11-30 cm tall, decumbent from base; lower leaves linear to lanceolate; upper leaves lanceolate, amplexicaul, apices long acuminate. Involucral bracts 1-3, ovate, unequal; fruit oblong; ridges slightly winged; furrows 3-vittate.

Common on slopes of Apharwat mountain, among rocks and scrub. Photographed in August, 2011.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Bupleurum-longicaule-Khillenmarg-Kashmir-1.jpg
Bupleurum-longicaule-Khillenmarg-Kashmir-2.jpg
Bupleurum-longicaule-Khillenmarg-Kashmir-3.jpg

Tanay Bose

Sep 1, 2011, 9:58:06 AM9/1/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India, Tabish
Thanks for the post Sir ji a new plant for me
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 1, 2011, 11:57:45 AM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
very nice
usha di
=======

On Sep 1, 6:58 pm, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the post Sir ji a new plant for me
> Tanay
>

> On Thu, Sep 1, 2011 at 6:02 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > *Bupleurum longicaule* var. *ramosum* Nasir in Univ. Calif. Pub. Bot. 27:
> > 431. 1954.
>
> > This interesting plant from Apharwat mountain slopes is characterised by
> > branched stems, linear to lanceolate leaves, 5-7 involucel bracts slightly
> > connate at base and longer than flowers, flowers dark purple to almost
> > black. Perennial, 11-30 cm tall, decumbent from base; lower leaves linear
> > to lanceolate; upper leaves lanceolate, amplexicaul, apices long acuminate.
> > Involucral bracts 1-3, ovate, unequal; fruit oblong; ridges slightly winged;
> > furrows 3-vittate.
>
> > Common on slopes of Apharwat mountain, among rocks and scrub. Photographed
> > in August, 2011.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

prasad dash

Sep 2, 2011, 1:09:45 AM9/2/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Dear Sir, the first photo is awesome among all.

Regards

Prasad
--
Prasad Kumar Dash
Ecologist, Orissa, India

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 2, 2011, 1:36:00 AM9/2/11
to prasad dash, Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Thanks Prashad ji