Mimusops elengi-Bakul

Rashida Atthar

Dec 4, 2010, 9:24:15 AM12/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The prolonged monsoons in Mumbai has prolonged the flowering of some of the trees.One such being Bakul- Mimusops elengi, seen at Sagar Upavan in Nov.'10. The flowers are generally seen strewn on the floor early morning.

regards,
Rashida.
Mimusops elengi leaves.JPG
Mimusops elengi foliage.JPG
Mimusops elengi flowering.JPG
mimusops elengi flowers.JPG

mani nair

Dec 4, 2010, 9:26:32 AM12/4/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Beautiful flowers.   It is from the Sapota family.  I have seen garlands made out of Bakul flowers at Dadar market.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Mani.

tanay bose

Dec 4, 2010, 12:57:06 PM12/4/10
to mani nair, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
A very common tree in West Bengal
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Mahadeswara

Dec 4, 2010, 11:20:32 PM12/4/10
to efloraofindia
Most common tree in Chennai. Often planted on roads. The flowers are
made into garlands and sold in front of shiva temples

On Dec 4, 10:57 pm, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A very common tree in West Bengal
> tanay
>

> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 6:26 AM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Beautiful flowers.   It is from the Sapota family.  I have seen garlands
> > made out of Bakul flowers at Dadar market.
>
> > Thanks for sharing.
>
> > Regards,
>
> > Mani.
>
> > On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 7:54 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> The prolonged monsoons in Mumbai has prolonged the flowering of some of
> >> the trees.One such being Bakul- Mimusops elengi, seen at Sagar Upavan in
> >> Nov.'10. The flowers are generally seen strewn on the floor early morning.
>
> >> regards,
> >> Rashida.
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Dec 4, 2010, 11:52:28 PM12/4/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
It is a slow growing tree,, long lasting.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road