Malvaceae week : Ceiba speciosa 1 from buenos aires

Na Bha

Sep 9, 2011, 11:58:00 AM9/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hallo all,
this one is supposed to be Ceiba speciosa? Posting another foto with
obling fruits.

Fotos taken on 27.3.2010 in Buenos Aires.
Regards
Nalini

Ceiba speciosa-100_6220.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6217.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6218.JPG
Ceiba speciosa-100_6219.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Sep 9, 2011, 12:00:00 PM9/9/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
... thanks Nalini ji for showing Ceiba speciosa from its native place.
Regards.
Dinesh

Madhuri Pejaver

Sep 9, 2011, 3:37:31 PM9/9/11
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Na Bha
beautiful
madhuri

Ushadi micromini

Sep 9, 2011, 6:04:00 PM9/9/11
to efloraofindia
Its very nice to see the round fruit... did you get any fallen
ones...ie get to open one up?
I am very curious to see what develops inside... same as other silk
floss pods or our sheemul?
Usha di
=

On Sep 10, 12:37 am, Madhuri Pejaver <formpeja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> beautiful
> madhuri

Balkar Arya

Sep 9, 2011, 9:47:45 PM9/9/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Very Good pics Nalini Ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

vidyadhar ogale

Sep 10, 2011, 2:08:36 AM9/10/11
to Na Bha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Is Chorisia speciosa a synonym since some horticultural books mention it accordingly?
Dr.Ogale

Na Bha

Sep 10, 2011, 6:01:25 AM9/10/11
to Dinesh Valke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Felt good to read your message, Dinesh ji.
I have neither a big collection of plants, big knowledge nor BIG skills in photography to reach somewhere near you.
Just had the luck to visit Argentina.
Thanks
Nalini

Na Bha

Sep 10, 2011, 6:12:10 AM9/10/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Usha di, no there were no fallen fruits, I did not want to pluck one.
Thank you Madhuri ji, for your appreciation.

Na Bha

Sep 10, 2011, 7:40:54 AM9/10/11
to vidyadhar ogale, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am not an expert so plz. wait for experts opinion.