Fwd:[seminar] cistup : 16th Feb 2010 : "Impact of street tree canopies on pollution and microclimate in Bangalore"

J.M. Garg

Feb 12, 2010, 12:33:54 PM2/12/10
to efloraofindia, Dr K V Gururaja
Forwarding pl.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dr K V Gururaja <gur...@ces.iisc.ernet.in>
Date: 12 February 2010 13:02
Subject: Fwd:[seminar] cistup : 16th Feb 2010 : "Impact of street tree canopies on pollution and microclimate in Bangalore"

Dear all,

Might be interest to many of us,

with best wishes
gururaja

--
Dr K V Gururaja
Research Scientist

believed to be clean.

__._,_.___
PLEASE TRIM YOUR QUOTES TO THE NEEDED PARTS AND
POST ALL CONSERVATION RELATED MAILS TO BNGCORE!

.

__,_._,___

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Sam

Feb 21, 2010, 11:42:22 PM2/21/10
to efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

Any amount of research has not stopped our city godfathers from
chopping down trees mercilessly. If anything, it seems like the amount
of destruction has been directly proportional to the amount of
research data available. (Now we don't have to do another research to
prove this ;-)) My idea is not to belittle the research, but it's
just that commonsense has become so uncommon. We have invented ACs
which guzzle humongous amounts of energy, to "manage" our micro and
macro climates but show such contempt for trees which do it for free.

regds
Sam