Commelinales and Zingiberales Week :: Commelinaceae :: Pollia sp. - PKA2

Prashant awale

Feb 7, 2011, 11:46:55 AM2/7/11
to indiantreepix

Dear Friends,
Shring the photographs of  a Commelina sp (herb) from  Mizoram.

 Mayur ji has indicated that this could be either  Pollia subumbellata C.B.Clarke or  Pollia hasskarlii  R. S. Rao.

regards
Prashant

Commelina-4.JPG
Commelina-3.JPG
commelina-2.JPG
commelina-1.JPG

tanay bose

Feb 7, 2011, 1:07:47 PM2/7/11
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Pollia for sure but not very sure of the species
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

JM Garg

Sep 26, 2018, 8:47:23 AM9/26/18
to efloraofindia
Commelina-4.JPG
Commelina-3.JPG
commelina-2.JPG
commelina-1.JPG

J.M. Garg

Sep 26, 2018, 8:52:07 AM9/26/18
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, MayurNandikar
On perusing GBIF (with type specimens) High resolution specimen 1 High resolution specimen 2 FOC illustration  Flowers of India  India Biodiversity Portal  Encyclopedia of Life (Specimen), I feel it may be closer to Pollia subumbellata C.B.Clarke

May I request Mayur ji to pl. confirm or otherwise.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

Commelina-4.JPG
Commelina-3.JPG
commelina-2.JPG
commelina-1.JPG

mayur nandikar

Sep 26, 2018, 8:59:18 AM9/26/18
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Garg ji,

Yes, you can go ahead with Pollia subumbellata.

Thanks.

Mayur

J.M. Garg