efloraindia: 210911 BRS 37

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 21, 2011, 1:18:35 AM9/21/11
to efloraofindia
Pl. find the attached file contain photos for id. request.

Date/Time-Location- July, 2011, NBNP Garden
Place, Altitude, GPS- Thuvaipathy Village Anaikatii P.O, Coimbatore Dist.
Habitat- Garden
Plant Habit-  Climber
Seed pod length 3- 4 inch.

Thanks

B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator
Nilgiri Biosphere Nature Park
1388, Avinashi Road
Peelamedu
Coimbatore-641004

IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0759.JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 21, 2011, 1:31:20 AM9/21/11
to efloraofindia
Seems like Cryptolepis buchananii Roem. & Schult. which is now known
as Cryptolepis dubia (Burm.f.) M.R.Almeida.
Regards
Pankaj

On Sep 21, 1:18 pm, Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy
> <http://mail.google.com/subscribe.mhtml>
>
>  IMG_0758.JPG
> 494KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_0759.JPG
> 293KViewDownload

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 2:13:15 AM9/21/11
to Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy, efloraofindia, PANKAJ KUMAR
Yes I agree with Pankaj, this is Cryptolepis dubia.

Regards,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 2:22:29 AM9/21/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji for helping in identification of climber we had photographed from Morni in April. I hope it is the same. I am uploading here for confirmation.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 21, 2011, 2:25:08 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Oh, I am sure, you already had known this.
Nice to know about your trip.
Regards
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong

email: pku...@kbfg.org
         sahani...@gmail.com
         pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
           +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094  (mobile)

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 2:35:31 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Sir,

I am doubtful about whether the second picture belongs to C. dubia
I think the venation and the leaf shape (especially leaf base) is not that of Cryptolepis dubia.

Kindly clarify.

Regards,
Giby

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 3:12:02 AM9/21/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Giby ji for pointing out
I hope third photograph leaves do belong to C. dubia. Kindly confirm.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 3:14:42 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I was doubtful about the second picture only and I think the leaves in the third picture belongs to C. dubia

Regards,
Giby

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 3:22:53 AM9/21/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks again I saw the photographs and found that out of 10 photographs I had 4 belonged to second photograph. Could it be Vallaris solanacea?

Frankly I am poor with tropical and subtropical trees, shrubs and climbers.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Sep 21, 2011, 5:18:27 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
... Cryptolepis-dubia-Morni-2.jpg is not Cryptolepis dubia for same reason put by Giby ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 6:41:53 AM9/21/11
to Dinesh Valke, Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Dinesh ji
I had agreed on this in my last two mails. Could it be Vallaria solanacea, as I asked in last mail?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Dinesh Valke

Sep 21, 2011, 6:54:38 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
... not confident about it being Vallaris solanacea, Gurcharan ji ... but quite a good possibility ... the leaves look close to those in my photostream.
Regards.
Dinesh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 21, 2011, 7:55:52 AM9/21/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I too am not confident enough to conclude that the second picture is of Vallaris solanacea

Regards
Giby

Nidhan Singh

Sep 21, 2011, 10:07:47 AM9/21/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Dear Sirji,
Leaves in the second picture do look like that of Vallaris solanacea. I will try to find out and upload photos of Vallaris from the same area in separate mail .

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany