Photo needed: Mussaenda frondosa

Suhel Quader

Jun 1, 2011, 2:30:30 AM6/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all,

To accompany a "Tree Tidbit" item on the SeasonWatch website
(www.seasonwatch.in), we are looking for a photo of Mussaenda
frondosa, showing both flower and bract in the same frame. The subject
of the tidbit is "bracts".

Since research has shown that the white bracts in this species attract
long-distance pollinators, we thought that this is a good species to
use as an illustration of the use of brightly coloured bracts.
http://www.springerlink.com/content/a2ym6ex62guh79j0/

If anyone has such a photo and is willing to allow it to be shown on
the SeasonWatch site, could you please email us at the address below?

Many thanks,
Suhel (for SeasonWatch)
s...@seasonwatch.in

J.M. Garg

Sep 3, 2011, 8:04:15 AM9/3/11
to Suhel Quader, efloraofindia
Hi, Suhel ji,
Here a few pictures at eFI website:

You may seek permission of the poster.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1700 members & 79,000 messages on 31/8/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 5000 species)

Suhel Quader

Sep 3, 2011, 9:17:26 AM9/3/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Thank you, Garg-ji. We had found a photo then, and had put up a short
post on bracts under Tree Tidbits in SeasonWatch:
http://www.seasonwatch.in/tidbits.php

Many thanks again,
Suhel