Fruits & Vegetables :: Ripe Dates from Oman : AK

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 16, 2011, 1:55:16 PM1/16/11
to efloraofindia
Sending some dates from Oman taken during summer.
Aarti
P1090687.JPG

tanay bose

Jan 16, 2011, 8:03:23 PM1/16/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Why these fruits are wasting there time on tree
they should come in to my stomach!!
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 16, 2011, 9:34:06 PM1/16/11
to tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
The dates sold in markets are generally old and shrunk. Yesterday we ate fresh-from-tree dates. They are really different and very good in taste. Tanay, how are you feeling?

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 16, 2011, 9:50:00 PM1/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Feeling ??? Hungry
tanay

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 17, 2011, 12:00:37 AM1/17/11
to tanay bose, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Dear Tanay,
Here there are many Date trees.
These are specially for the citizens to pluck & eat as they want.
When they are ripe, there is a carpet under the trees.
'Khalas' is the best variety of dates here.
Aarti

On Jan 17, 6:50 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Feeling ??? Hungry
> tanay
>

> On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:34 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The dates sold in markets are generally old and shrunk. Yesterday we ate
> > fresh-from-tree dates. They are really different and very good in taste.
> > Tanay, how are you feeling?
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> > On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:33 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Why these fruits are wasting there time on tree
> >> they should come in to my stomach!!
> >> Tanay

> >> --

> >> *Tanay Bose*

> >> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> >> Department of Botany.
> >> University of British Columbia .
> >> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> >> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> >> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> >> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

> >>  *Webpages:*

> *Tanay Bose*

> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca

> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/- Hide quoted text -

tanay bose

Jan 17, 2011, 12:44:14 AM1/17/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh
Thanks Singh ji
Aunty ji it seems thats the Govt at your country is
very good !!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)
Webpages:

J.M. Garg

Apr 28, 2011, 7:32:35 AM4/28/11
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, devendra...@yahoo.com, dr.rahu...@gmail.com

Forwarding again for botanical name please.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

P1090687.JPG

Yazdy Palia

Apr 28, 2011, 10:16:22 AM4/28/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, devendra...@yahoo.com, dr.rahu...@gmail.com
Dear Friends,
I think it is Phoenix dactylifera. Please check the links
http://www.inmagine.com/avantimages-004/ptg01016714-photo
http://www.inmagine.com/spl007/spl007406-photo
Regards
Yazdy Palia.

J.M. Garg

Aug 13, 2011, 3:36:44 AM8/13/11
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Aarti S. Khale

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I think it is Phoenix dactylifera. Please check the links

Yazdy Palia.”

Sending some dates from Oman taken during summer.
Aarti

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1680 members & 75,000 messages on 31/7/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 5000 species)

P1090687.JPG