Indonesian Ixora?

Pudji Widodo

Dec 4, 2010, 2:02:59 AM12/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
It is a small tree, to 8 m tall, ca 15  cm diameter, canopy close (ca 1 m) to the ground.
I would like to know whether it is Ixora or not.  What is the correct name.
Thank you.

Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi
Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
Purwokerto 53122
INDONESIA

Ixora_SP1 (2).JPG
Ixora_sp2.JPG

Pudji Widodo

Dec 4, 2010, 2:13:13 AM12/4/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for pressing the second picture.  Please ignore the Ixora_sp2 picture.

Pudji Widodo
Ixora_SP1 (2).JPG
Ixora_sp2.JPG

mani nair

Dec 4, 2010, 10:47:41 AM12/4/10
to Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
looks like Saraca indica.

Regards,

Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 4, 2010, 12:56:54 PM12/4/10
to mani nair, Pudji Widodo, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes First picture is Saraca indica and second one is Ixora sp.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Pudji Widodo

Dec 4, 2010, 10:19:28 PM12/4/10
to Pankaj Kumar, mani nair, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your answer.

Pudji Widodo

Mahadeswara

Dec 4, 2010, 11:31:08 PM12/4/10
to efloraofindia
Can you send a better picture showing foliage etc.of Saraca species
for identification. It is quite possible that it could be
S.thaipingensis, which is also cultivated in many places like
Bangalore.

On Dec 4, 10:56 pm, Pankaj Kumar <sahanipan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes First picture is Saraca indica and second one is Ixora sp.
> Pankaj
>

> On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:17 PM, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > looks like Saraca indica.
> > Regards,
> > Mani.

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 6:46:51 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Mahadeswara Swamy, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I apologize for pressing the second picture.  Please ignore the Ixora_sp2 picture.

Pudji Widodo”

“looks like Saraca indica.

Regards,

Mani.”

“Yes First picture is Saraca indica and second one is Ixora sp.
Pankaj”

"Can you send a better picture showing foliage etc.of Saraca species
for identification.  It is quite possible that it could be
S.thaipingensis
, which is also cultivated in many places like
Bangalore." from Mahadeswara ji.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Ixora_SP1 (2).JPG
Ixora_sp2.JPG

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 6:49:10 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Mahadeswara Swamy, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Another Saraca image with leaves for ID confirmation posted in thread by Dr. Pudji: https://groups.google.com/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/6f96bb04e2889fb6?hl=en#

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 7:04:11 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Mahadeswara Swamy, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
A reply from Mahadeswara ji:
"1st photograph is Sraraca species only.  Second one is Ixora species."

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 7:12:35 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Mahadeswara Swamy, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
"Looks like Saraca indica.
Pankaj"

J.M. Garg

Dec 22, 2010, 7:13:26 AM12/22/10
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo, Mahadeswara Swamy, mani nair, Dr. Pankaj Kumar
A reply from Mahadeswara ji:
"Saraca thepengensis for me .   Reference : www.toptropicals.com /  Wikipedia"

JM Garg

Apr 14, 2017, 7:02:16 AM4/14/17
to efloraofindia, Pudji Widodo
Saraca thaipingensis Prain as per images herein.
Ixora_SP1 (2).JPG

Pudji Widodo

Apr 17, 2017, 12:08:52 AM4/17/17
to JM Garg, efloraofindia