Opuntia Cactus for ID : 150111 : AK-2

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 15, 2011, 12:56:36 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Nasik, Maharashtra on the 24th of September,2010.
Aarti
P1100034.JPG
P1100035-Opuntia .JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 15, 2011, 1:07:46 AM1/15/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Looks like O. dillenii

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Jan 15, 2011, 6:15:12 AM1/15/11
to efloraofindia
Opuntia dillenii. It is commonly used as a vegetable in Mexico.

On Jan 15, 11:07 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like O. dillenii
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 15, 2011, 10:04:50 AM1/15/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Opuntia dillenii !!
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

sheetal chaudhari

Jan 17, 2011, 1:58:16 PM1/17/11
to tanay bose, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
The flower is said to be edible...........i have tasted... has bland taste...

Sheetal Pachpande

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 13, 2018, 3:10:38 AM6/13/18
to Gurcharan Singh, J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Resurfacing a very old post for validation.
Adding more pictures.
Cactus seen growing wild in Nasik.
Gurcharan Ji had suggested Opuntia dillenii.

For validation please.
Nasik-DSCN1338.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1340.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1341.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 14, 2018, 3:46:23 AM6/14/18
to Paradesi Anjaneyulu, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Thank you Paradesi Ji.

Regards,
Aarti

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Paradesi Anjaneyulu <paradesia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Opuntia dilleneii.

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2018, 3:02:51 AM6/25/18
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
I think close to Opuntia elatior Mill. as per comparative images at Opuntia
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2975 members & 2,90,000 messages on 31.3.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images).

Nasik-DSCN1338.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1340.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1341.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 27, 2018, 2:52:21 AM6/27/18
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Thanks Garg Ji.
Hope to get it validated.

Regards,
Aarti

Aarti S. Khale

Jun 28, 2018, 10:00:28 AM6/28/18
to Kiratsinh Zala, efloraofindia, J.M. Garg
Kiratsinh Ji,
Thanks for the id.

Regards

On Thu, Jun 28, 2018 at 4:42 PM, Kiratsinh Zala <zalaki...@gmail.com> wrote:

Opuntia dillenii

J.M. Garg

Jun 29, 2018, 12:38:19 AM6/29/18
to efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, zalakiratsinh jambha
Nasik-DSCN1338.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1340.JPG
Nasik-DSCN1341.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

May 18, 2020, 10:51:26 AM5/18/20
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Garg Ji,
Varun Ji has also identified this as Opuntia elatior Mill.
You had earlier suggested the same.
Regards,
Aarti