Flora of Mississippi, USA-002

Vijayasankar

Apr 29, 2011, 11:13:06 PM4/29/11
to indiatreepix
The Honeysuckle, Lonicera japonica of Caprifoliaceae, from Mississippi.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Lonicera japonica (1).JPG
Lonicera japonica (6).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 30, 2011, 1:45:54 AM4/30/11
to Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Mine from California, photographed 2009

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Vijayasankar

Apr 30, 2011, 2:58:52 AM4/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiatreepix
Thanks for the beautiful pictures, Gurcharan ji.
Now they are in full bloom, making their vicinities pleasantly fragrant.

Regards

Vijayasankar Raman
University of Mississippi

Na Bha

Apr 30, 2011, 6:11:21 AM4/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Mein from Ritterhude. July 2010. Hope the ID is correct!
100_7638.JPG
100_7634.JPG
100_7635.JPG
100_7637.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 30, 2011, 7:00:13 AM4/30/11
to Na Bha, Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
Na Bha ji
Your first one is fine but you seem to have mixed up another species in next three photographed. I have photographed it in California and will upload it separately.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Na Bha

Apr 30, 2011, 7:36:18 AM4/30/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayasankar, indiatreepix
THanks, waiting to see your fotos.

Ushadi micromini

Apr 30, 2011, 7:07:21 PM4/30/11
to efloraofindia
Dear all:
In Connecticut and neighboring counties in NY this is considered
extremely invasive, and we volunteered three summers to remove them
lock stock and roots from river banks and native woodlands and
conservancies, along with other invasive species... in mid 90s..I
think in this case we had moderate success ... local flora got space
to grow and thrive..
And YET in other parts of the country they are still being planted
as ground cover and as ornamental ... go figure !!!

Yet, many of us do love the flowers and paint them, photograph them,
and watch hummingbirds hover....
Usha di
=====