Cheers and request for ID of plant from KAAS Satara Maharashtra

Geeta Rane

Feb 18, 2011, 6:28:04 AM2/18/11
to indiantreepix, Rashida Atthar
Greetings :
Its a great group & I'm happy to be here,
This UNID plant is pending for lang now, request to please ID this small plant

Place: enroute Kaas Plateau, Satara Maharashtra,The same plateau where C.Kurzii was found,

Date; 26th September, 2010
Note: They were many in number, all over the patch,

would appreciate the ID,

Thanks
with Best Wishes to Rashidaji,
geeta rane

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar....@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear efloraofindia members,
UNID1 KAAS with Nature India 24th to 26th September2010 154.jpg
UNID1 from topview KAAS with Nature India 24th to 26th September2010 155.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Feb 18, 2011, 6:40:09 AM2/18/11
to Geeta Rane, indiantreepix, Rashida Atthar
... reminds me of a similar looking plant at Kas ... Swertia decussata ... ID provided by Navendu.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/1652433960/in/set-72157602546808658/

Regards.
Dinesh.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 18, 2011, 6:45:07 AM2/18/11
to efloraofindia
Swertia densifolia. The plants were in lovely flowers over last month.
The local name is Kawdi, Kadu Chirayat. It is said to have a medicinal
value. Regards, Shrikant

On Feb 18, 4:40 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ... reminds me of a similar looking plant at Kas ... *Swertia decussata* ...
> ID provided by Navendu.http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/1652433960/in/set-721576025...
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh.
>

> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:58 PM, Geeta Rane <hobby...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Greetings :
> > Its a great group & I'm happy to be here,
> > This UNID plant is pending for lang now, request to please ID this small
> > plant
>
> > Place: enroute Kaas Plateau, Satara Maharashtra,The same plateau where
> > C.Kurzii was found,
>
> > Date; 26th September, 2010
> > Note: They were many in number, all over the patch,
>
> > would appreciate the ID,
>
> > Thanks
> > with Best Wishes to Rashidaji,
> > geeta rane
>
> > On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Dear efloraofindia members,- Hide quoted text -

Prashant awale

Feb 18, 2011, 6:51:01 AM2/18/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Sending Photographs of the Flowers.

regards
Prashant

IMG_4973.jpg
IMG_4990.jpg

Rashida Atthar

Feb 18, 2011, 8:14:19 AM2/18/11
to Geeta Rane, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot Geeta ji.  How nice of you. With Shrikant ji around a kaas flower cannot remain unided !

regards,
Rashida.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 18, 2011, 9:09:48 AM2/18/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Rashida ji, I too have a few UNID flowers of Kas. ;-( BTW there
were no flowers in the picture. ;-) Regards, Shrikant

Rashida Atthar

Feb 18, 2011, 9:17:41 AM2/18/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Yes  the beautiful flowers are in Prashant ji's mail, but the leaves are beautiful too.

shrikant ingalhalikar

Feb 21, 2011, 4:16:36 AM2/21/11
to efloraofindia
Geeta ji, no need to check on Swertia sp., C. decussata is a synonym
of C. densifolia, but I am curious to know what and where about C.
kurzii. Regards, Shrikant