Garden plant for ID :180111 : AK-3

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 18, 2011, 1:43:13 AM1/18/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Muscat,Oman on the 4th of March,2010.
Aarti
DSCN9909.JPG

mani nair

Jan 18, 2011, 2:08:41 AM1/18/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
It is a weed seen in wastelands and abandoned farms in Mumbai also.
Regards,
Mani.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 18, 2011, 5:16:14 AM1/18/11
to mani nair, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Looks like Alternanthera pungens

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Mahadeswara

Jan 18, 2011, 6:38:19 AM1/18/11
to efloraofindia
Alternanthera pungens for me too. Very common in Chennai as a weed.

On Jan 18, 3:16 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like Alternanthera pungens
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 18, 2011, 8:55:29 AM1/18/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes  Alternanthera pungens a weed in West Bengal too
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Muthu Karthick

Jan 19, 2011, 5:43:11 AM1/19/11
to tanay bose, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Any other species of Alternanthera?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 19, 2011, 6:44:57 AM1/19/11
to Muthu Karthick, tanay bose, Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Yes Muthu ji. Your doubt is genuine. The leaves of A. pungens more or less rounded in outline, and perianth with sharper tips. This could be A. ficoidea.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2011, 8:43:45 AM4/29/11
to efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale, tanay bose, Mahadeswara Swamy, Muthu Karthick

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks like Alternanthera pungens

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

“Alternanthera pungens for me too.  Very common in Chennai as a weed.” from Mahadeswara ji.

“Yes  Alternanthera pungens a weed in West Bengal too
tanay”

"Yes Muthu ji. Your doubt is genuine. The leaves of A. pungens more or less rounded in outline, and perianth with sharper tips. This could be A. ficoidea.--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh"
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSCN9909.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

May 26, 2011, 10:25:31 AM5/26/11
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Aarti S. Khale, tanay bose, Mahadeswara Swamy, Muthu Karthick
I go for Alternanthera ficoidea