amaranth species for identification

Arpita Puri

Dec 16, 2010, 11:17:31 PM12/16/10
to indiantreepix
Can any1 please identify these 2 amaranth species??? its so confusing and i am after this for so many days... nothing coming to help. Please in case any1 knows. For reference, pics DSC00110 and 111 are of one species and pics DSC00113 and 114 share the second doubtful species. Could these be A. deflexus or A. retroflexus???

Regards,
Arpita
DSC00110.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00113.jpg
DSC00114.jpg

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 17, 2010, 4:47:55 AM12/17/10
to Arpita Puri, indiantreepix
To me it looks same as Amaranthus viridis.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

J.M. Garg

Jan 18, 2011, 7:54:04 AM1/18/11
to efloraofindia, Arpita Puri, Dr. Pankaj Kumar

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“To me it looks same as Amaranthus viridis.
Pankaj”

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Google e-group- Efloraofindia:http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix or https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (more than 1500 members & 60,000 messages on 15/1/11 & with a database of around 4450 species on 15/12/10)

DSC00110.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00113.jpg
DSC00114.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 8, 2011, 1:16:05 AM4/8/11
to efloraofindia, Arpita Puri, Dr. Pankaj Kumar, Dinesh Valke, Vijayasankar Raman, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Some earlier relevant feedback:
“To me it looks same as Amaranthus viridis.
Pankaj”

Can any1 please identify these 2 amaranth species??? its so confusing and i am after this for so many days... nothing coming to help. Please in case any1 knows. For reference, pics DSC00110 and 111 are of one species and pics DSC00113 and 114 share the second doubtful species. Could these be A. deflexus or A. retroflexus???

Regards,
Arpita

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1580 members & 66,000 messages on 30/3/11) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of around 4500 species)

DSC00110.jpg
DSC00111.jpg
DSC00113.jpg
DSC00114.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 22, 2021, 9:56:08 AM3/22/21
to efloraofindia
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Amaranthus viridis ?
Group discussion at

Gurcharan Singh

Mar 22, 2021, 9:56:58 AM3/22/21
to indiantreepix, rush...@gmail.com
Forwarding for ID
Distributed as Amaranthus viridis ?
Group discussion at

Mar 27, 2021, 6:07:48 AM3/27/21
to efloraofindia, Nanu Rathore
To me appears close to images at Amaranthus cruentus L.

With regards,
J.M.Garg