DV :: 31MAR11 - 1024 :: at Dubare Camp

Dinesh Valke

Apr 14, 2011, 1:58:10 PM4/14/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
ID please

Tall tree (possibly planted).
Found at many places along roads in and around Madikeri (seemingly planted).

Date/Time
: March 31, 2011 at 10.24am IST
Location Place : at Dubare Elephant Camp, Karnataka ... 12.371105, 75.905761 on Google maps
Altitude : 2803 ft (above mean sea level)

Regards.
Dinesh
P1360525.JPG
P1360511.JPG
P1360512.JPG
P1360516.JPG
P1360522.JPG
P1360523.JPG
P1360524.JPG

Neil Soares

Apr 14, 2011, 2:24:58 PM4/14/11
to efloraofindia, Dinesh Valke
Hi Dinesh,
    This looks like the 'Tree of Heaven' [Ailanthus exelca] locally called Maharukh / Maha-neem.
                     Regards,
                      Neil.

Dinesh Valke

Apr 14, 2011, 2:44:37 PM4/14/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia
Many many thanks Neil ji for the ID.
... had assumed leaves are coarsely toothed, almost lobed ... once seen at garden of Shivneri fort ... http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/4398354572/

Dear friends, please validate the ID.

Regards.
Dinesh

Ushadi micromini

Apr 14, 2011, 3:44:21 PM4/14/11
to efloraofindia
Yes its the Ailanthus, Tree of heaven, the Indian variety... though I
am mostly familiar with huge 50 to 80 year old Ailanthus
altissima...since it produces those uniquely flying whirling seeds by
the thousands and thousands each year it used to be considered highly
invasive until something started mysteriously killing stands of
it...and we discovered suddenly that we loved this tree after all.
Usha di

----

On Apr 14, 11:44 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many many thanks Neil ji for the ID.
> ... had assumed leaves are coarsely toothed, almost lobed ... once seen at
> garden of Shivneri fort ...http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/4398354572/
>
> Dear friends, please validate the ID.
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Neil Soares <drneilsoa...@yahoo.com>wrote:
>
> > Hi Dinesh,
> >     This looks like the 'Tree of Heaven' [Ailanthus exelca] locally called
> > Maharukh / Maha-neem.
> >                      Regards,
> >                       Neil.

Pankaj Oudhia

Apr 14, 2011, 3:55:07 PM4/14/11
to efloraofindia
Just for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R44MTVVAoW0

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

formp...@yahoo.com

Apr 14, 2011, 10:21:04 PM4/14/11
to Dinesh Valke, Efloraindia
Is it Maharookh?
Iylanthus sps?
Leaves are like neem but larger. In one picture the close up of fruits seen. The fruits look beautiful when grEen, shake with the wind and shine in sunlight
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Dinesh Valke <dinesh...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:28:10 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:67197] DV :: 31MAR11 - 1024 :: at Dubare Camp

Dinesh Valke

Apr 15, 2011, 4:21:30 AM4/15/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Many thanks to all for the ID: Ailanthus excelsa ... commonly known as: Coromandel ailanto, tree of heaven • Gujarati: અરડૂસો araduso, રૂખડો rukhdo • Hindi: जंगली सर्व jangli sarva, महानींब mahanimb, महारूख maharukh • Kannada: ದೊಡ್ಡಮರ doddamara, ಹೆಮ್ಮರ hemmara • Malayalam: പീമരം peemaram, പീനാറി peenari, പെരുമരം perumaram, പെരുപ്പി peruppi • Marathi: महारुख maharukh • Oriya: mundayigatch • Sanskrit: अटरूषकः atarusaka, महानिम्बः mahanimbah • Tamil: பெருமரம் peru-maram • Telugu: పెద్దమాను pedda-manu • Urdu: جنگلي سرو jungli sarva

Most of the trees that could be observed in and around Madikeri had entire-edged leaflets, therefore was wondering if it could be some other species of Ailanthus.

Regards.
Dinesh

shrikant ingalhalikar

Apr 15, 2011, 6:11:45 AM4/15/11
to efloraofindia
This is Ailanthus triphysa (Dennst.) Alston syn. A. malabarica DC. A.
excelsa is a plant of dry areas while A. triphysa is an evergreen
tree.
Leaflets coarsely toothed is A. excelsa and leaflets entire is A.
triphysa. Yes, this tree is used for roadside plantation in
Karnataka.

On Apr 14, 10:58 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends,
> ID please
>
> Tall tree (possibly planted).
> Found at many places along roads in and around Madikeri (seemingly planted).
>
> Date/Time : March 31, 2011 at 10.24am IST
> Location Place : at Dubare Elephant Camp, Karnataka ... 12.371105, 75.905761
> on Google maps <http://goo.gl/maps/SZJB>
> Altitude : 2803 ft (above mean sea level)
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
>  P1360525.JPG
> 202KViewDownload
>
>  P1360511.JPG
> 151KViewDownload
>
>  P1360512.JPG
> 213KViewDownload
>
>  P1360516.JPG
> 179KViewDownload
>
>  P1360522.JPG
> 119KViewDownload
>
>  P1360523.JPG
> 175KViewDownload
>
>  P1360524.JPG
> 174KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Apr 15, 2011, 6:24:27 AM4/15/11
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thank you very much for resolving the ID, Shrikant ji.
Regards.
Dinesh

Mahadeswara

Apr 15, 2011, 6:53:16 AM4/15/11
to efloraofindia
Please see the earlier link posted by me. This tree is very common
in Mysore city. There are nearly 4-5 trees nearby my house.

On Apr 15, 1:21 pm, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks to all for the ID: *Ailanthus excelsa* ... commonly known as:
> Coromandel ailanto, tree of heaven • Gujarati: અરડૂસો araduso, રૂખડો rukhdo
> • Hindi: जंगली सर्व jangli sarva, महानींब mahanimb, महारूख maharukh •
> Kannada: ದೊಡ್ಡಮರ doddamara, ಹೆಮ್ಮರ hemmara • Malayalam: പീമരം peemaram,
> പീനാറി peenari, പെരുമരം perumaram, പെരുപ്പി peruppi • Marathi: महारुख
> maharukh • Oriya: mundayigatch • Sanskrit: अटरूषकः atarusaka, महानिम्बः
> mahanimbah • Tamil: பெருமரம் peru-maram • Telugu: పెద్దమాను pedda-manu •
> Urdu: جنگلي سرو jungli sarva
>
> Most of the trees that could be observed in and around Madikeri had
> entire-edged leaflets, therefore was wondering if it could be some other
> species of *Ailanthus*.
>
> Regards.
> Dinesh
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:51 AM, <formpeja...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Is it Maharookh?
> > Iylanthus sps?
> > Leaves are like neem but larger. In one picture the close up of fruits
> > seen. The fruits look beautiful when grEen, shake with the wind and shine in
> > sunlight
> > Madhuri
>
> > Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel
> > ------------------------------
> > *From: * Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>
> > *Sender: * indian...@googlegroups.com
> > *Date: *Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:28:10 +0530
> > *To: *efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
> > *Subject: *[efloraofindia:67197] DV :: 31MAR11 - 1024 :: at Dubare Camp
>
> > Dear friends,
> > ID please
>
> > Tall tree (possibly planted).
> > Found at many places along roads in and around Madikeri (seemingly
> > planted).
>
> > Date/Time : March 31, 2011 at 10.24am IST
> > Location Place : at Dubare Elephant Camp, Karnataka ... 12.371105,
> > 75.905761 on Google maps <http://goo.gl/maps/SZJB>

Dinesh Valke

Apr 15, 2011, 7:09:58 AM4/15/11
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia