Tabernamontana divericata miniature with Butterfly in Kolkata UD 08052011 005

ushadi Micromini

Aug 5, 2011, 6:41:58 AM8/5/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All:
at a local Ashram garden... it was tranquil, very hot and
 the TAGAR miniature tabernamontana divericata were blooming and
 seemed to be popular with a group of Chilades pandava pandava butterflies...
 the first one is a recent hatch- ling I think... its wings are intact...
the one with the open wings has seen better days... there are tears on its wings...
 fights with fellow butterflies or
flew into a crow or two who may have tried to make a meal of them...  ????

enjoy....
Usha di

==========
ps if I have the ID of the butterfly wrong...
please feel free to tell me, esp if you happen to be an expert...

=========
Butterfly 1 Chilades pandava pandava closed wings on miniature Tagar Better focus Small DSC03932.jpg
Butterfly 2 on a miniature tabernamontana divericata SMALL entire pic DSC03929.jpg

Satish Chile

Aug 5, 2011, 6:53:49 AM8/5/11
to ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Nice Ushadi ji.
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Mahadeswara

Aug 5, 2011, 8:27:16 AM8/5/11
to efloraofindia
Nice catch. Miniature tabernamontana divericata are ornamental and
being popularised. I have these plants in my garden and observed many
insects and butterflies visiting the plant.