Pangi id al010911a

Alok Mahendroo

Sep 1, 2011, 1:37:46 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Dear friends,
This was a total fiasco.... lost a few photos due to an error in
deleting fuzzy photos from the memory card.. hence the only photo of the
leaves is an attempt to recover from the fuzzy flower photo.. Although I
am sure it would not be easy to id on the basis of leaves... just a
chance that some of our experienced guides would not forget a beautiful
flower...

Location Pangi
Altitude 4500 mts
Habit herb
Habitat wild
Height 12 inches

regards
Alok
--
Himalayan Village Education Trust
Village Khudgot,

www.hivetrust.wordpress.com
www.forwildlife.wordpress.com
http://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new=true&id=2186

073111_1482a.jpg
073111_1482.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 1, 2011, 2:05:18 PM9/1/11
to efloraofindia
Pedicularis sp.
Pankaj
> www.hivetrust.wordpress.comwww.forwildlife.wordpress.comhttp://mushroomobserver.org/observer/observations_by_user?_js=on&_new...
>
>  073111_1482a.jpg
> 164KViewDownload
>
>  073111_1482.jpg
> 195KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 1, 2011, 9:39:59 PM9/1/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Pedicularis
More close ups needed to know species of this complex genus (leaf insertion, number of leaflets, length and nature of beak, etc.).

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

J.M. Garg

Sep 24, 2018, 4:44:43 AM9/24/18
to efloraofindia, Isabelle & Alok
I think close to images at Pedicularis roylei Maxim.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

073111_1482a.jpg
073111_1482.jpg

Isabelle & Alok

Sep 24, 2018, 1:45:27 PM9/24/18