Pterospermum for ID : 060811 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 6, 2011, 11:49:21 AM8/6/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Madhuri Pejaver, Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh
Usha di, Madhuri ji, Dr Balkar ji, Dr Neil ji, Dr Giby ji, Shrikant
ji, kindly id these pictures.
Taken at Jijamata Udya, Mumbai on 15/4/11.
After reading the discussion about the two diff species, I am posting these.
Is it Muchkund or Kanak Champa?
Regards,
Aarti
P1130791.JPG
P1130792.JPG

Neil Soares

Aug 6, 2011, 1:08:45 PM8/6/11
to efloraofindia, Ushadi micromini, Madhuri Pejaver, Balkar Arya, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh, Aarti S. Khale
Hi,
 From the size and shape of the leaves & the size of the flower would think this is Pterospermum acerifolium [Kanak Champa, Muchkund] rather than Pterospermum xylocarpum [syn. P.suberifolium,Muchkund].
                     Regards,
                       Neil Soares.

ushadi Micromini

Aug 6, 2011, 1:18:45 PM8/6/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh
Aarti ji : Neil has said it....

for my part I am not that astute... I can't definitely diagnose the species  from these two pictures...
I generally would like a complete profile , and a little more details, and size...
do you have complete views of leaves for shape, surface and size?

thanks
usha di..
=======

ajinkya gadave

Aug 6, 2011, 1:29:31 PM8/6/11
to ushadi Micromini, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Neil Soares, Balkar Arya, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh

Pterospermum acerifolium
मुचकुंद

Balkar Arya

Aug 6, 2011, 9:19:42 PM8/6/11
to ajinkya gadave, ushadi Micromini, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Neil Soares, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh
Yes Pterospermum acerifolium
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

H S

Aug 7, 2011, 6:23:55 AM8/7/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Photo is of Pterospermum acerifolium, this plant is there outside the garden, behind the museum, Pterospermum suberifolium is in front of the Director office of Victoria garden

regards,

--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Aarti S. Khale

Aug 8, 2011, 1:36:59 AM8/8/11
to Balkar Arya, ajinkya gadave, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia, Madhuri Pejaver, Neil Soares, Smilax004, Gurcharan Singh
Dear all,
Thanks for the correct id.
Madhuri ji, no comments from you? I had posted the pictures only after reading the discussion about the two varieties.
Regards,
Aarti

Pinki

Aug 8, 2011, 7:12:11 AM8/8/11