Pteroceras teres (Blume) Holttum

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2010, 1:24:54 PM9/27/10
to indiantreepix
Pteroceras teres (Blume) Holttum, Kew Bull. 14: 271 (1960).
Syn: Dendrocolla teres Blume, Bijdr.: 289 (1825).

Family: Orchidaceae
Location: Pithoragarh, Uttarakhand
Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Vietnam, Borneo, Jawa, Phillipines, Sulawesi,
Sumatra, Maluku, Lesser Sunda Islands,
Altitude: ~800 - 1200m

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

PTEROCERAS TERES.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 27, 2011, 9:01:41 AM9/27/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
Again this was a so nicely prepared but this also escaped. now this thread renewed for new members. Thanks for sharing
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2011, 9:05:55 AM9/27/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the compliments sir.
Pankaj

On Sep 27, 9:01 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Again this was a so nicely prepared but this also escaped. now this thread
> renewed for new members. Thanks for sharing

Balkar Arya

Sep 27, 2011, 9:07:18 AM9/27/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Again same problem

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2011, 9:16:10 AM9/27/11
to efloraofindia
I changed the subject from my gmail account. Thats why. Subject change
should be done from here to avoid breaking of thread.
Pankaj

On Sep 27, 9:07 pm, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Again same problem

Satish Phadke

Sep 27, 2011, 9:57:14 AM9/27/11
to Pankaj Kumar, indiantreepix
I have received this twice. Here pictures are seen beautifully illustrated. Nice work indeed.
--
Dr Satish Phadke

Pankaj Kumar

Sep 27, 2011, 9:58:57 AM9/27/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Thanks a lot sir.... for the compliments.
Very strangely, orchids have spur and labellum separate. But in this
genus, spur is actually inside the labellum....
Pankaj

"Taxonomists getting Extinct and Species Data Deficient !!"

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Conservation Officer

Office:
Flora Conservation Department
Kadoorie Farm and Botanic Garden (KFBG) Corporation
Lam Kam Road, Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

Residence:
36B, Ng Tung Chai, Lam Tseun
Tai Po, New Territories, Hong Kong.

email: pku...@kbfg.org
       sahani...@gmail.com
       pankaj...@rediffmail.com
Phone: +852 2483 7128 (office - 8:30am to 5:30pm)
       +852 9436 6251; +852 5431 6094 (mobile)