TQ06-Dhanaulti

Tabish

Oct 23, 2010, 1:36:58 PM10/23/10
to Efloraofindia
Unidentified herb photographed at Dhanaulti, Uttarakhand
Altitude - approx 2,500 m
Photographed in early October
I first mistook it for Eclipta prostrata, but it is a different plant.
Please identify.
- Tabish
http://www.flowersofindia.net
The Waterhole of Flower Lovers
unid-TQ06-a.jpg
unid-TQ06-b.jpg
unid-TQ06-c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 23, 2010, 1:53:22 PM10/23/10
to Tabish, Efloraofindia
Myriactis nepalensis

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tabish

Oct 23, 2010, 2:08:53 PM10/23/10
to efloraofindia
Indeed it is! Thanks Gurcharan ji!
- Tabish

On Oct 23, 10:53 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Myriactis nepalensis
>
> http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Myriactis.html
>
> <http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Myriactis.html>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor

Prashant awale

Oct 23, 2010, 2:18:23 PM10/23/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Dear Tabish,
What a coincidence. I too got the same plant at Manali. Enclosing my set of photographs of Myriactis nepalensis from Manali..  I   got the ID from FOI site. This was earlier posted by Gurcharan Singh ji.

regards
Prashant
IMG_1767.jpg
IMG_1769.jpg
IMG_1765.jpg

Tabish

Oct 23, 2010, 2:23:17 PM10/23/10
to efloraofindia
Yours and our trips have revealed this interesting thing to me, about
the common flora of the two regions. So many of the plants we saw are
common!
- Tabish

On Oct 23, 11:18 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Tabish,
> What a coincidence. I too got the same plant at Manali. Enclosing my set of
> photographs of *Myriactis nepalensis *from Manali*.. * I   got the ID from
> FOI site. This was earlier posted by Gurcharan Singh ji.
>
> regards
> Prashant*
> *
>
> On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 11:38 PM, Tabish <tabi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Indeed it is! Thanks Gurcharan ji!
> >   - Tabish
>
> > On Oct 23, 10:53 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Myriactis nepalensis
>
> > >http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Myriactis.html
>
> > > <http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Nepal%20Myriactis.html>
> > > --
> > > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > > Retired  Associate Professor
> > > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/<http://people.du.ac.in/%7Esinghg45/>

>  IMG_1767.jpg
> 185KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1769.jpg
> 198KViewDownload
>
>  IMG_1765.jpg
> 129KViewDownload

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 23, 2010, 2:38:37 PM10/23/10
to Tabish, efloraofindia
Tabish ji & Prashant ji

This is a very common plant in Manali, Nainital and Simla regions

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 1, 2010, 2:20:00 PM12/1/10
to Gurcharan Singh, Tabish, efloraofindia
Myriactis nepalensis Less. Linnaea 6: 128 - 129, t II F. 1831

Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

PROTOLOGUE Myriactis nepalensis 128.jpg
PROTOLOGUE Myriactis nepalensis 129.jpg
PROTOLOGUE Myriactis nepalensis FIG II F.jpg

JM Garg

Aug 19, 2023, 3:52:12 AM8/19/23
to efloraofindia, Tabish, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
Taking it as Myriactis wightii as per discussions in the post at Myriactis nepalensis on eFI
unid-TQ06-a.jpg
unid-TQ06-b.jpg
unid-TQ06-c.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 19, 2023, 5:39:59 AM8/19/23
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Tabish, Saroj Kasaju
Yes Garg ji, M. wightii.