Fruits & Vegetable week- Averrhoa carambola

Prashant awale

Jan 2, 2011, 1:25:12 PM1/2/11
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

This one is a tree.
Common name: Carambola, Star fruit

Bot. name: Averrhoa carambola

Family: Oxalidaceae

Fruits are edible.

regards
Prashant
Averrhoa carambola-kamrak-Averrhoaceae-1.JPG
Averrhoa carambola-kamrak-Averrhoaceae-2.JPG

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 3, 2011, 3:37:26 AM1/3/11
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale
Prashant ji,
Adding some fruits to your pictures.
Aarti
> Averrhoa carambola-kamrak-Averrhoaceae-1.JPG
> 187KViewDownload
>
> Averrhoa carambola-kamrak-Averrhoaceae-2.JPG
> 241KViewDownload
P1030408.JPG
P1100677.JPG

Prashant awale

Jan 3, 2011, 3:42:05 AM1/3/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Thats too good. Nice to have both flowers and Fruits in the same thread. Thanks Aarti ji.

regards
Prashant

mani nair

Jan 6, 2011, 7:45:25 AM1/6/11
to Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Prashant ji and Aarti ji, nice photos of the flowers and fruits of Carambola.  I am sending photos of the flowers and fruits of Carambola tree growing in our balcony.

Place : Dombivli, Thane Dt.
Date  : January 2011.

Regards,

Mani.

carambola.jpg
DSC06502.JPG
DSC06503.JPG
DSC06504.JPG

Anandi Sharan

Jan 6, 2011, 8:13:02 AM1/6/11
to mani nair, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
the famous amazing balcony garden again! wow!
--
----

tanay bose

Jan 6, 2011, 9:55:33 AM1/6/11
to Anandi Sharan, mani nair, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Really the beautiful balcony
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

mani nair

Jan 6, 2011, 11:13:23 AM1/6/11
to tanay bose, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Thanks Anandiji and Tanay ji for your appreciations.  I bought it from a nursery as a graft.  Within one year it started flowering and fruiting.

Regards,

Mani.

mani nair

Jan 16, 2011, 9:11:15 AM1/16/11
to tanay bose, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Dear friends,

I am happy to inform you that the Carmbola fruits on our tree has become ripe.   Here are some photos.

Regards,

Mani.
star3.JPG
star4.JPG
star1.JPG
star2.JPG

Vijayadas D

Jan 16, 2011, 9:27:13 AM1/16/11
to mani nair, tanay bose, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Anappulichy - in South trivandrum
--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 16, 2011, 9:39:13 AM1/16/11
to Vijayadas D, mani nair, tanay bose, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Here are mine in another thread

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

tanay bose

Jan 16, 2011, 9:41:16 AM1/16/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Vijayadas D, mani nair, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Nice green stars
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.
University of British Columbia .
3529-6270 University Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
           604-822-2019 (Lab)
           604-822-6089  (Fax)

Pankaj Kumar

Jan 16, 2011, 10:29:10 AM1/16/11
to mani nair, tanay bose, Anandi Sharan, Prashant awale, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
I have never tasted this fruit in my life.
You should give us a list of what all plants are growing on your
balcony. We should propose it as National Biodiversity Heritage centre
:P.....
TFS....
Regards
Pankaj