ID confirmation Requested_28122010_DS_SN5

Dalia Set

Dec 28, 2010, 1:18:09 PM12/28/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends

I made a mistake while attaching the pics in my last mail titled  'ID Requested_28122010_DS_SN5'

The attachment ForID8 is of a different unidentified climber found in Birbhum, West Bengal in Aug. 2010.
The pics for citharexylum quadrangulare is attached in this mail again.
Confirmation of Botanical name is requested.

Thanks
Dalia
ForId_10.jpg
ForId_9.jpg

ajinkya gadave

Dec 29, 2010, 12:01:49 AM12/29/10
to Dalia Set, indian...@googlegroups.com
Citharexylum spinosum or Citharexylum quadrangulare
Family: Verbenaceae
Fiddlewood tree

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 20, 2011, 7:15:06 AM1/20/11
to efloraofindia, Dalia Set, ajinkya gadave, Muthu Karthick
Resurfacing again for ID confirmation

Earlier feedback

Ajinkya ji..........................................Citharexylum spinosum or Citharexylum quadrangulare

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

ajinkya gadave

Jan 20, 2011, 7:16:26 AM1/20/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Dalia Set, Muthu Karthick
Citharexylum quadrangulare

Neil Soares

Jan 20, 2011, 8:02:00 AM1/20/11
to efloraofindia, Dalia Set, ajinkya gadave, Muthu Karthick, Gurcharan Singh
Hi Prof. Singh,
 Affirmative. This is the Zither-wood tree [C.quadrangulare], a native of the West Indies. It is a fairly common roadside tree in Bandra, Bombay.
                     Regards,
                      Neil Soares.