Flora of Chakrata: 29092011-BS-1-Araceae like plant for id from Budher caves road Chakrata

Balkar Arya

Sep 29, 2011, 9:28:00 AM9/29/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Araceae like plant for id from Budher caves road Chakrata
This plant was seen at 2-3 places on Budher Caves Road Chakrata, Size about 10-20 inches
Inflorescence was like Clematis
id pls

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
IMG_9801Sm.JPG
IMG_9813Sm.JPG
IMG_9814Sm.JPG
IMG_9815Sm.JPG
IMG_9816Sm.JPG
IMG_9817Sm.JPG
IMG_9802Sm.JPG
IMG_9803Sm.JPG
IMG_9804Sm.JPG
IMG_9805Sm.JPG
IMG_9806Sm.JPG
IMG_9807Sm.JPG
IMG_9811Sm.JPG
IMG_9812Sm.JPG

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 29, 2011, 12:21:45 PM9/29/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix

Remusatia vivipara (Roxb.) Schott of Araceae, I guess.

Regards,
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Balkar Arya

Sep 29, 2011, 12:35:34 PM9/29/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix
Thanks Giby ji
You may be right but i think this is different.
I am attaching Remusatia vivipara here for comparision
Remusatia vivipara (1).JPG
Remusatia vivipara (2).JPG
Remusatia vivipara (3).JPG
Remusatia vivipara (4).JPG
Remusatia vivipara (5).JPG

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 29, 2011, 9:01:32 PM9/29/11
to efloraofindia
Again, Remusatia vivipara.
Thanks for sharing.
Pankaj

On Sep 30, 12:35 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Giby ji
> You may be right but i think this is different.
> I am attaching Remusatia vivipara here for comparision
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Giby Kuriakose <giby.kuriak...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > *Remusatia* *vivipara* (Roxb.) Schott of Araceae, I guess.
>
> > Regards,
> > Giby
>
> > On 29 September 2011 18:58, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Dear All
> >> Araceae like plant for id from Budher caves road Chakrata
> >> This plant was seen at 2-3 places on Budher Caves Road Chakrata, Size
> >> about 10-20 inches
> >> Inflorescence was like Clematis
> >> id pls
>
> >> --
> >> Regards
>
> >> Dr Balkar Singh
> >> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> >> Arya P G College, Panipat
> >> Haryana-132103
> >> 09416262964
>
> > --
> > GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
> > Ashoka Trust for Research in Ecology and the Environment (ATREE),
> > Royal Enclave,
> > Jakkur Post, Srirampura
> > Bangalore- 560064
> > India
> > Phone - +91 9448714856 (Mobile)
> > visit my pictures @http://www.flickr.com/photos/giby
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Dr Balkar Singh
> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> Arya P G College, Panipat
> Haryana-132103
> 09416262964
>
>  Remusatia vivipara (1).JPG
> 213KViewDownload
>
>  Remusatia vivipara (2).JPG
> 217KViewDownload
>
>  Remusatia vivipara (3).JPG
> 180KViewDownload
>
>  Remusatia vivipara (4).JPG
> 276KViewDownload
>
>  Remusatia vivipara (5).JPG
> 224KViewDownload

Balkar Arya

Sep 29, 2011, 9:03:53 PM9/29/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Pankaj Ji
I think earlier pics posted for id in the begining of this thread are different from these Remusatia vivipara pics. But only in inflorescence. Leaves looks same

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Sep 29, 2011, 9:07:28 PM9/29/11
to efloraofindia
I think they are same, just different stages of bloom. Something to do
with protogyny and protoandry.
Pankaj

On Sep 30, 9:03 am, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Pankaj Ji
> I think earlier pics posted for id in the begining of this thread are
> different from these Remusatia vivipara pics. But only in inflorescence.
> Leaves looks same

Balkar Arya

Sep 29, 2011, 9:11:43 PM9/29/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj Ji for information. I was confused because i could not find any ref/image of this plant with hairy inflorescence

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 29, 2011, 11:16:27 PM9/29/11
to Balkar Arya, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Again I am not sure whether that is inflorescence or not. They are the bulbils bearing stalks that are capable of producing new plants, that can vary a lot. I will upload the inflorescence sometime today or in few days.

Regards,
Giby

Balkar Arya

Sep 30, 2011, 12:05:43 AM9/30/11
to Giby Kuriakose, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Thanks Giby ji for more information