Is it Leea coccinea 'rubra'?

shubhada nikharge

Jun 13, 2011, 9:30:56 AM6/13/11
to indian tree pix
Hi,
I saw a shrub in BPT  (Bombay Port trust) garden, Mumbai with red flower buds in the 1st week of june 2011..
Is it Leea coccinea var. rubra?

Cheers,
Shubhada
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shubhada_nikharge/sets/
http://www.saveranibagh.org
"I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; I will not refuse to do the something I can do."

Leea coccinea 'Rubra' Leeaceae 2011_06_12_bpt_0517 e.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 13, 2011, 9:36:15 AM6/13/11
to shubhada nikharge, indian tree pix
Shubhada ji
Thanks for this nice interesting plant, new for me

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Gurcharan Singh

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 2, 2011, 12:34:08 PM9/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, H S, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman
Please check Aspidopteris sp of Malpighiaceae family.

Regard,
Giby
--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 2, 2011, 12:35:20 PM9/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, H S, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman
Correction in spelling.

Aspidopterys sp. of Malpighiaceae family.

Regards,
Giby

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 2, 2011, 12:37:33 PM9/2/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, shubhada nikharge, H S, Mahadeswara, Vijayasankar Raman
I think the id is correct. If so, the new name is Leea guineense G.Don of Vitaceae family.