Names of Plants in India :: Adelocaryum malabaricum

Dinesh Valke

Oct 11, 2011, 11:04:45 AM10/11/11
to efloraofindia
via Species‎ > ‎A‎ > ‎

Adelocaryum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Brand

Adelocaryum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Brand

Flowers of India Discussions at efloraofindia more views in flickr more views on Google Earth

a-del-oh--KAR-ee-um -- from the Greek adelo (unknown, secret, or hidden) and karyo (nut)
mal-uh-BAR-ih-kum -- of or from the Malabar Coast, southern India

commonly known as: Malabar hill borageMarathi: काळी निसुर्डी kali nisurdi

botanical names: Adelocaryum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Brand ... synonyms: Cynoglossum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Riedl • Paracaryopsis malabarica (C.B.Clarke) R.R.Mill • Paracaryum malabaricum C.B.Clarke

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Photographed at Kate's Point (~4047 ft asl), Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra.

Regards.
Dinesh

Madhuri Raut

Oct 11, 2011, 11:11:07 AM10/11/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
too Beautiful!!!!!
Regards
Bhagyashri

Prashant awale

Oct 11, 2011, 11:26:15 AM10/11/11
to Madhuri Raut, Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
Dear Dinesh,
Nice photograph.
Regards
Prashant

Ushadi micromini

Oct 11, 2011, 2:33:10 PM10/11/11
to efloraofindia
Dinesh ji:
today repeatedly link for flowers of india for your picture could not
open the file...

is it possible to put the picture here like every one else does?

Thanks
Usha di
==========

On Oct 11, 8:26 pm, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Dinesh,
> Nice photograph.
> Regards
> Prashant
>

> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:41 PM, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > too Beautiful!!!!!
> > Regards
> > Bhagyashri
>
> > On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 8:34 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> via Species<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-species>‎
> >> ‎
> >>  *Adelocaryum malabaricum* (C.B.Clarke) Brand
> >> [image: Adelocaryum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Brand]<http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinesh_valke/4954059729/>
>
> >> [image: Flowers of India]<http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Malabar%20Hill%20Borage....> [image:
> >> Discussions at efloraofindia]<https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en#%21searchin/indiantreepix/Adel...> [image:
> >> more views in flickr]<http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Adelocaryummalabaricum&m=tags&z=m> [image:
> >> more views on Google Earth]<http://api.flickr.com/services/feeds/geo/india/&tags=Adelocaryummalab...>
>
> >> *a-del-oh--KAR-ee-um* -- from the Greek *adelo* (unknown, secret, or
> >> hidden) and *karyo* (nut)
> >> *mal-uh-BAR-ih-kum* -- of or from the Malabar Coast, southern India
>
> >> *commonly known as*: Malabar hill borage<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-names/english/m...>•
> >> *Marathi*: काळी निसुर्डी kali nisurdi<https://sites.google.com/site/indiannamesofplants/via-names/marathi/k...>
>
> >> *botanical names*: *Adelocaryum malabaricum* (C.B.Clarke) Brand ... *
> >> synonyms*: *Cynoglossum malabaricum* (C.B.Clarke) Riedl • *Paracaryopsis
> >> malabarica* (C.B.Clarke) R.R.Mill • *Paracaryum malabaricum* C.B.Clarke

Dinesh Valke

Oct 11, 2011, 11:52:55 PM10/11/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
... not sure of your difficulty, Usha di.
Please put it in different words.

Regards.
Dinesh

ushadi Micromini

Oct 12, 2011, 6:25:34 AM10/12/11
to Dinesh Valke, efloraofindia
dinesh ji:

i thought my english was really english... but never mind... i'll spell it out... even now ...the link: > >> [image: Flowers of India]<http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Malabar%20Hill%20Borage....> [image: .....in your write up....

 upon clicking  produces this result:  i quote: "

The requested URL /catalog/slides/Malabar Hill Borage... was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request." end quote  , this message url is :

http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Malabar Hill Borage..

such things happen a few times, and then it gets irritating...

why cant you put your pic as attach a file like we all do... and the rest of your wonderful info...names...etc can remain as links...

what rules of submission are good for general membership should be good for the chiefs of the group...    otherwise this becomes a two class society.... does not matter that your pictures are far superior to ours... but thats not the point....

or my be that is the point..if we can all view your picture with the same ease as other members' photos, we we would gain a lot...

and you you know I would and have gone bats for you... so its nothing personal...

but inconvenient to encounter links in a thread, no pictures and then error 404 ..repeatedly...

be well...

usha di

===========

Dinesh Valke

Oct 12, 2011, 7:02:25 AM10/12/11
to ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Many thanks for elaborating your difficulty, Usha di.

... "attach the picture found at Flowers of India site, that is: http://www.flowersofindia.in/catalog/slides/Malabar%20Hill%20Borage.html".
Well,
1) have provided a link to the site, intentionally as reference.
2) cannot attach picture ... quite unethical. Cannot attach photo from other site without the consent of the site-owner OR photo-owner.

The irritating messages are due to intermittent internet access that you get.
Please contact your Internet Service Provider for such difficulty.

I am not violating any rules of eFI.
There are rules regarding
1) limiting size of attachment(s),
2) number of ID queries per day,
3) putting unique subject line to posts

Links to one's own photos are discouraged, on other hand links to references are encouraged.

As much known to me, there are no rules for composing a post in any typical manner.

H S

Oct 13, 2011, 2:19:07 AM10/13/11
to Dinesh Valke, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Agree with Usha di ji..

this problem of his post is for many members, even i cannot see his photos many times.. and its nothing to do with my internet service...

regards,

--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 13, 2011, 3:10:34 AM10/13/11
to H S, Dinesh Valke, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Dear friends
I think there should be no issues with Dinesh ji's links. May be the server of Flowers of India was down/under maintenance when some members were not able to see the photographs. We should feel indebted to Dinesh ji for making the group richer through sharing his personal collections liberally. It is just a social work that he is doing for the group. The whole website of the group is for our benefit largely through the efforts of Dinesh ji and Garg ji.
      I have written earlier also. Let us devote our energy in contributing to the group. There is lot to be done. Let us be content with what others are contributing, and avoid finding faults with others. It is a purely social forum, where those who are uploading/sharing photographs are doing us a service, and we should thank him/her and the God for all that we get.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

H S

Oct 13, 2011, 3:19:26 AM10/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Dinesh Valke, ushadi Micromini, efloraofindia
Sirji,
We are not removing any fault in his social service, its just a technical problem which can be sorted, so we requested,, i think every member here is doing a social work by uploading or by identifying...

thanks..

Dinesh Valke

Dec 26, 2020, 7:00:59 AM12/26/20
to efloraofindia
a-del-oh--KAR-ee-um -- Greek: adelo (unknown, secret, or hidden) and karyo (nut)

mal-uh-BAR-ih-kum -- of or from the Malabar Coast, southern India

commonly known as: Malabar hill borage • Marathi: काळी निसुर्डी kali nisurdi

botanical names: Adelocaryum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Brand ... synonyms: Cynoglossum malabaricum (C.B.Clarke) Riedl • Paracaryopsis malabarica (C.B.Clarke) R.R.Mill • Paracaryum malabaricum C.B.Clarke ... The Plants List (2013). Version 1.1.

Bibliography / etymology

~~~~~ ENGLISH ~~~~~
Malabar hill borage

~~~~~ MARATHI ~~~~~
काळी निसुर्डी kali nisurdi
  • Further Flowers of Sahyadri, a field guide of flowers of northern Western Ghats of India by Shrikant Ingalhalikar