15122010 plant for ID from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 15, 2010, 7:51:28 PM12/15/10
to efloraofindia
15122010 plant for ID from Delhi, a small shrub with attractive leaves, grown as foliage plant. Photographed in April.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Dubia-AK-27-4-Delhi--2.jpg
Dubia-AK-27-4-Delhi-1.jpg

tanay bose

Dec 15, 2010, 7:59:35 PM12/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
I believe this is Sanchezia speciosa from Acanthaceae commonly known as "golden vein plant", native to northeastern Peru and Equador .
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Dec 15, 2010, 8:05:54 PM12/15/10
to tanay bose, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot Tanay. Had you been here, you would have got a real good treat.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

tanay bose

Dec 15, 2010, 8:14:58 PM12/15/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thanks for the offer sir ji
tanay

Mahadeswara

Dec 16, 2010, 6:43:43 AM12/16/10
to efloraofindia
Sanchezia speciosa- a beautiful foliage plant.

On Dec 16, 5:59 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe this is *Sanchezia speciosa* from Acanthaceae commonly known as
> "golden vein plant", *native to northeastern Peru and Equador .
> **tanay
>
> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 4:51 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 15122010 plant for ID from Delhi, a small shrub with attractive leaves,
> > grown as foliage plant. Photographed in April.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*

mani nair

Dec 16, 2010, 6:50:32 AM12/16/10
to Mahadeswara, efloraofindia
Beautiful plant.  First time seeing this plant.
Regards,
Mani.

Pankaj Kumar

Dec 16, 2010, 8:45:49 AM12/16/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Sanchezia speciosa, a very common garden plant for foliage.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology