Pterospermum xylocarpum

Shrikant Ingalhalikar

Mar 29, 2011, 2:00:53 AM3/29/11
to indiantreepix
Pterospermum xylocarpum (Gaertn.) Sant. & Wagh Small evergreen tree, leaves about 10 cm, white tomentose beneath, obliquely rounded at base. Flowers solitary, axillary on stout peduncle; bracts 3, entire. Flowers 3-5 cm, fragrant; calyx tomentose. Native to Karnataka, planted else where. Flowering at my house in Pune. Regards,

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
12 Varshanand Society
Anandnagar Sinhagad Road
Pune 411 051. www.idsahyadri.com
Tel 91 20 2435 0765.
Fax 91 20 2438 9190.
P._xylocarpa.jpg

JM Garg

Jan 11, 2018, 6:01:33 AM1/11/18
to efloraofindia, Lalithamba Avadhanam, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Aarti S. Khale, raman, Prashant awale, Anurag sharma
To me flowers look similar to images at Pterospermum suberifolium rather than those at Pterospermum xylocarpum
P._xylocarpa.jpg

Lalithamba Avadhanam

Jan 11, 2018, 8:21:01 AM1/11/18
to JM Garg, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Aarti S. Khale, raman, Prashant awale, Anurag sharma
yes I agree with you; Pterospermum suberifolium
A.Lalithamba

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2018, 10:30:21 PM1/11/18
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar
Thanks, Shrikant ji.
But BSI Flora does not show any such synonym. Pl. see http://efloraindia.nic.in/efloraindia/taxonList.action?id=3407&type=4

On 11-Jan-2018 8:02 PM, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <shrikant.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes. Pterospermum suberifolium (L.) Willd. is the current accepted name. BSI flora shows P xylocarpum (Gaertn.) Sant. & Wagh as syn while The Plant List shows as unresovled. The plants do not differ. Regards

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
www.flowersofsahyadri.com

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2018, 10:30:45 PM1/11/18
to Lalithamba Avadhanam, efloraofindia, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, Aarti S. Khale, raman, Prashant awale, Anurag sharma
Thanks, Lalithamba ji.

J.M. Garg

Jan 11, 2018, 11:58:13 PM1/11/18
to Shrikant Ingalhalikar

On 12-Jan-2018 9:38 AM, "Shrikant Ingalhalikar" <shrikant.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
If these are independent sp., then what is the key to differentiate? BSI Flora of Maharashtra does give.

Shrikant Ingalhalikar
www.flowersofsahyadri.com