efloraofindia:''For Id 24092011MR1’’ attractive bright red flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 23, 2011, 11:46:31 PM9/23/11
to efloraofindia

   Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS- Private garden Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Potted plant

Height/Length- About 1.5 ft

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-Green broad

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- bright red with some peculiar central part I do not know how to describe it

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- green berries

Regards

Bhagyashri

220920111819_1.jpg
220920111819.jpg
220920111817.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 23, 2011, 11:53:05 PM9/23/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
I hope Jatropha podagrica

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Nidhan Singh

Sep 24, 2011, 12:02:51 AM9/24/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Ye,
Jatropha podagarica from Euphorbiaceae.

--
Regards,

Dr. Nidhan Singh
Department of Botany
I.B. (PG) College
Panipat-132103 Haryana
Ph.: 09416371227

Madhuri Raut

Sep 24, 2011, 12:12:31 AM9/24/11
to Nidhan Singh, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurcharanji and Nidhanji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

Sep 24, 2011, 12:15:30 AM9/24/11
to efloraofindia
did you look at the base... sometimes they are more interesting...
often called buddha belly plant in thailand...
usha di

======

On Sep 24, 9:12 am, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Gurcharanji and Nidhanji
> Regards
> Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

Sep 24, 2011, 12:26:16 AM9/24/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Yes Ushadi I gathered that info from the net after identification. Will try to do so
Regards
Bhagyashri