Rosaceae Week: Fragaria vesca from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 3, 2011, 10:23:33 PM10/3/11
to efloraofindia
Fragaria vesca, commonest ground herb in pastures and forests in Kashmir. Photographed from Gulmarg, Kashmir.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Fragaria-vesca-Kashmir-a.jpg
Fragaria-vesca-Kashmir-b.jpg
Fragaria-vesca-Kashmir-c.jpg

Balkar Arya

Oct 4, 2011, 8:47:36 AM10/4/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Nice Sir
Fruit of this edible or Not???
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

mani nair

Oct 4, 2011, 8:49:14 AM10/4/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Gurcharan ji, beautiful photos.  I have seen this herb at Pahalagaon and believe it is wild.
Regards,
Mani.

J.M. Garg

Sep 28, 2015, 2:46:45 AM9/28/15
to efloraofindia
Taking it as Fragaria nubicola in view of discussions in another thread.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

The whole world uses
my Image Resource of more than a thousand species & eight thousand images of Birds, Butterflies, Plants etc. (arranged alphabetically & place-wise). You can also use them for free as per Creative Commons license attached with each image.

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2500 members & 2,25,000 messages on 18.6.15) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,00,000 images). Winner of Wipro-NFS Sparrow Awards 2014 for efloraofindia