Palm for ID : 260111 : AK-1

Aarti S. Khale

Jan 26, 2011, 12:48:42 AM1/26/11
to efloraofindia
Taken at Racca Nursery, Nasik, Maharashtra on the 3rd of October,2010.
Tree of medium height, not very tall like some other palms.
Aarti
P1100240.JPG

Sid

Jan 26, 2011, 12:52:23 AM1/26/11
to Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
My guess: Cycas circinalis (its not a palm)

Sid.

Muthu Karthick

Jan 26, 2011, 3:09:42 AM1/26/11
to Sid, Aarti S. Khale, efloraofindia
Yes this is a Cycas sp.
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

Muthu Karthick

Jan 26, 2011, 3:30:14 AM1/26/11
to indiantreepix

Jan 26, 2011, 7:26:56 AM1/26/11
to Muthu Karthick, indiantreepix
Prasad is right. There are many similar looking Cycas. By the way, to
me leaves look too long in this. I have a Cycas circinalis as home
which has thicker trunk than this, but the length of the rachis is
much shorter. I imagine if we have Dr. Rita from Indraprastha
University here in the group. She may be of some help.If not then we
may try inviting her. She is an expert on gymnosperms.
Regards
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate