Malvaceae week : Urena lobata

Satish Phadke

Sep 5, 2011, 10:21:11 AM9/5/11
to indiantreepix
Malvaceae week : Urena lobata
From Pune
Dr Satish Phadke
Urena lobataDSCN0014.jpg
Urena lobata 1.jpg
Urena lobata 2.jpg
Urena lobata 3.jpg
Urena lobata 4.jpg
Urena lobata 5.jpg
Urena lobata 7.jpg
Urena lobata var.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 5, 2011, 10:36:25 AM9/5/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Nice series of photographs Satish ji

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Neil Soares

Sep 5, 2011, 12:51:57 PM9/5/11
to indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Nice photographs Dr.Phadke, but the last 2 photographs at least are of Urena lobata var.sinuata, my photographs of which are available for comparison at this link :

                               Regards,
                                Neil Soares.

Balkar Arya

Sep 5, 2011, 8:37:26 PM9/5/11
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
Yes Neil ji
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

H S

Sep 7, 2011, 2:22:17 AM9/7/11
to Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Satish Phadke
very confusing in var. level. need leaf photograph to distinguish them... they look similar to me and U. lobata var. sinuata..

regards,
--
 - H.S.

A scientific man ought to have no wishes, no affections, - a mere heart of stone

Satish Phadke

Sep 7, 2011, 1:08:41 PM9/7/11
to H S, Balkar Arya, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
All pictures are of the same plant and as Hemsan ji and Neil ji has said they are of
Urena lobata var. sinuata
Dr Phadke